Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All:

I just bought a Wolverine and decided to read the manual while waiting on the dealer to install accessories. I see that on page 8-49 of the manual Yamaha gives this Notice: "To charge a VRLA (Valve Regulated Lead Acid) battery, a special (constant-voltage) battery charger is required. Using a conventional battery charger will damage the battery."

What is Yamaha talking about? Will my trusty Deltran Battery Tender ruin this battery? What do you use to charge the Wolverine's battery?

Thanks,

·
Super Moderator
2,049 Posts
Hello All:

I just bought a Wolverine and decided to read the manual while waiting on the dealer to install accessories. I see that on page 8-49 of the manual Yamaha gives this Notice: "To charge a VRLA (Valve Regulated Lead Acid) battery, a special (constant-voltage) battery charger is required. Using a conventional battery charger will damage the battery."

What is Yamaha talking about? Will my trusty Deltran Battery Tender ruin this battery? What do you use to charge the Wolverine's battery?

Thanks,
Hey there, welcome to the forums. Sorry I couldn't reply to this sooner. I have not been on much lately. Here is a link to a decent write up on this. In short, no, your battery tender will not ruin the battery. Hope this helps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts