Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Does someone know how to decode the serial number on the Rmax? I’m looking for build dates excetera…mine has finally arrived at the dealer and will be ready next Wednesday. I would like to know when it was built…

·
Registered
89 Posts
Date of manufacture will be listed on your rig's Certificate of Origin For a Vehicle. The dealer will have it and use it to transfer the vehicle to you. At minimum, you should get a copy of it. Not sure how this works in Canada, but that's how it worked for me down south.

·
Registered
2021 RMax 2 Gray in Nova Scotia
1,058 Posts
So you got me interested in this. Last 8 of mine are.. MA300117

I got my machine in Dec. From what I gather, M is supposed to be year, A is the plant and last 6 is serial number. So how they got M for 2021 is beyond me. I'm guessing 300 is Oct 27 build and it's the 117th of my model or 117th that day.

I'm just throwing this out there as it's fun to try and comprehend.

Does someone know how to decode the serial number on the Rmax? I’m looking for build dates excetera…mine has finally arrived at the dealer and will be ready next Wednesday. I would like to know when it was built…

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So you got me interested in this. Last 8 of mine are.. MA300117

I got my machine in Dec. From what I gather, M is supposed to be year, A is the plant and last 6 is serial number. So how they got M for 2021 is beyond me. I'm guessing 300 is Oct 27 build and it's the 117th of my model or 117th that day.

I'm just throwing this out there as it's fun to try and comprehend.
Mine is MA300322. Getting it this late in the year I hoped it was built this year, but going by my numbers it’s not built much long after yours? Weird if that’s true? I’m going to Stealership today for some measurements and will inquire…

·
Registered
2021 RMax 2 Gray in Nova Scotia
1,058 Posts
Share with them my number and yours. I think I sat in mine mid Nov last year. That's a 9 month separation for 205 units if that's the case.

Mine is MA300322. Getting it this late in the year I hoped it was built this year, but going by my numbers it’s not built much long after yours? Weird if that’s true? I’m going to Stealership today for some measurements and will inquire…

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mine was built 05/21. There is a sticker on the left front side that shows where and when it was built. The last 8 digits are exclusive to model styles. Mine being a base white has no relation to a Grey or XT-R from what I was told.

Reactions: Maggot
1 - 7 of 7 Posts