56K views 302 replies 51 participants last post by  MassiveOverkill 
#1 · (Edited)
UPDATE: Jump to here for start from scratch gullwing design:

It's happening folks. CNC 3D wire bent

Vehicle Car Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design

Wood Rectangle Flooring Font Art

See less See more
#198 ·
Sorry, meant to add that picture to my previous post.

#202 ·
Will there be any issues with installing these doors with the Yamaha factory split windshield for a 2022 X2? I want to preorder as soon as possible.

#203 ·
It should be the same as the OEM full poly, just trimming to clear the brackets.

#207 ·
I emailed them today, should get an answer within a day or so as they are pretty responsive but I would guess that it's going to be a while before they do anything for the X2's, right now they seemed more focused on the RAMX machines. Hopefully I'm wrong on that.

#209 ·
Now that the groundwork has been done and the fixtures\molds have all been made, the RMAX4 uppers are being produced by the main company Greg works for, Palmer Hamilton. This is allowing Greg to work on the RMAX2 doors NOW. Pre orders are going to be the norm as it eliminates any missed notifications and gives UORP a good idea of demand and those who are serious vs window shoppers.

#210 ·
I know the factory doors and roll cage are the same part numbers for the RMAX2 and the X2 850 so these upper doors should fit both machines correct?

#212 · (Edited)
Installation instructions for the Unique Off Road Products framed upper doors:

Keep in mind that after the weatherstripping breaks in you may have to perform micro-adjustments and maybe remove a spacer or two and the spacers are also provided to accomodate variations from one RMAX to another. I didn't have to use my heat gun on this install and if you install on a warm day or in your heated garage, you should be fine, but if you install in really cold temps the waetherstripping will take longer to break in. I do recommend you wax your vinyl window inserts to help keep them clean and resist dirt.

Paint guard tape: https://amzn.to/3u2JuHq
Rivet tool I used but hasn't been in stock for awhile, plenty of similar ones on Amazon: https://amzn.to/49jVxQr

Some other points vs the competition: As you can see from the video, you can install these without hacking up your vehicle and are true bolt-on. I will follow up with a video of features and other tips.

#214 ·
Installation instructions for the Unique Off Road Products framed upper doors:

Keep in mind that after the weatherstripping breaks in you may have to perform micro-adjustments and maybe remove a spacer or two and the spacers are also provided to accomodate variations from one RMAX to another. I didn't have to use my heat gun on this install and if you install on a warm day or in your heated garage, you should be fine, but if you install in really cold temps the waetherstripping will take longer to break in. I do recommend you wax your vinyl window inserts to help keep them clean and resist dirt.

Some other points vs the competition: As you can see from the video, you can install these without hacking up your vehicle and are true bolt-on. I will follow up with a video of features and other tips.
Thanks for this video. I didn’t realize I’d need a rivet tool. I’ll have to pick one up.

If you could post a photo of how the doors fit against the C-pillar on the cage, it would really help. I think I’ve decided to buy the SuperATV rear window. I’ve figured out extra fuel, and I’m hoping the new bead locks will bail me out of the spare tire situation, but because I’m wintering at Sand Hollow, I have to figure out a flag mount.

#213 · (Edited)
Back to the trimming of the doors so they will fit using the Yamaha folding windshield, what kind of trimming is required to make them fit? Watched the video, seems like a fairly easy install and will be good to reference when installing the doors (once the 2 door version is made).

Reactions: DialTone301
#217 ·
I received an email from Andy at UORP regarding the RMax 2 doors. He stated that the are now working on the RMax 2 doors and that they learned a lot during the development of the doors for the RMax 4. These improvements would be incorporated into the 2 door design. He said to stay tuned as there will be updates coming out regarding the availability.

I wish they would have more clear information on the website just saying that the pre-orders are just for the 4 door and perhaps a “coming soon“ for the 2 door version. All there is to go by is the photo of the 4 door version. Might save them the messages from us 2 door people wait in the background.

#219 ·
The post above yours pretty much sums it up. RMAX2 should be ready in 3-4 weeks. Don't hold me to that because the RMAX4 doors were delayed a year so anything can happen although I'm a little more confident in this timeframe since I really doubt a whole no redesign will have to be done for the RMAX2.

#221 ·
Right here. I update this thread as soon as I have info.

#223 ·
I'm going to experiment with slimming down the nipple insert to make it easier to open.

#229 ·
Please check your PM.

#233 ·
"UPDATE ON UORP UPPER DOORS

THE GOOD NEWS

All pre-ordered doors will ship on Monday. I will be turning it back on to accept orders shortly. We will have some in stock with the second run being complete. I believe we have addressed the mixed hardware issues experienced with the first run. We have also found parts for the DP latch with less resistance, so they are easier to open.The 3rd run is in process now and should be complete before Christmas.

THE BAD NEWS

We test shipped some samples before we started shipping regular orders to check boxes and freight costs. We averaged $65 for freight per box. There are 2 boxes per set. When we shipped the first run out over the entire run they averaged $150 per box. $300 per set. We didn't fare well on the first run margin wise. So any new orders will see a price increase of $150 dollars. We are willing to eat part of it but we can't be doing this for free. I took a poll and everyone said they would rather raise the price and have freight included instead of a big surprise when they checked out and saw a huge freight bill.

I am not happy about the amount of money going to Ups considering the way they treat our product in shipping. People near us willing to pick up can reach out and we can offer a better price if we can work out the meeting arrangements. As we increase production we are hoping to start getting better raw material pricing with bigger orders, if that happens I will adjust pricing accordingly. We are starting to see some slowing of the economy do to Bidenomics so hopefully prices on raw materials will fall as the economy slows. Not really good news for us as a country but should slow this inflation we have been experiencing. As always I will share the good and the bad.

Yes we are working on the prototype for the 2 seat. It is entirely different geometry with the curved roll bar. Hoping to have something by the end of the year. SORRY.
Thanks again for supporting a US company. We appreciate all of the orders and know we will always respond and resolve issues."

#234 ·
I was also able to install the UORP doors on our RMAX4's with OEM poly windshield without having to trim the uppers. You have 2 options. You can leave the clamps partially open to clear the frame or trim the clamps. I'd rather butcher the clamps, which you can still open with a flathead screwdriver.

#240 ·

#241 ·
Next batch of pre-orders is live:

#242 ·

"UPDATE UORP UPPER DOORS FOR 2 SEAT.
Tried our first attempt at the 2 door frame. Nailed it. After all the prototyping on the 4 seat we know what works and what doesn't. Everything lines up great. Latch works. We're going to move 1 hinge out a little to get some more spread. Plastic will need to be adjusted some and we need to figure out the gas shock. Huge progress in hitting our January launch. Won't be long now.
Uniqueoffroadproducts.com Thanks for your patience."

#245 ·
I'll let you know here when UORP lets me know.

#248 ·
Not yet.

#253 ·
No, but I can guarantee they'll be less than the 4 door ;)

#254 ·
RMAX2 update: