Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
IMG_7103.JPG IMG_7105.JPG IMG_7107.JPG IMG_7108.JPG

I didn't know if anyone was thinking about the under seat storage so I thought I would show some pics of it. First thing you can't use this if you are planning to put in the under seat subwoofer as it goes in the same place. The storage unit itself is a lot bigger than I thought it would be. I was thinking of something just a little bigger than the grizzly one but you can put a lot in it. One of the pics shows it beside the stock rear tire so you can get a perspective of it. It does have an internal drain plug too so if you want to use it as a cooler. The thing you see in the first pic is not the drain, it's in the very bottom. That is just a post for one of the mounts that holds it in place.
It is somewhat time consuming to put in because you have to raise the console and completely pull the floorboard panel out as well as the seat and the cover panel under the seat. Overall I really like it.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Definitely more work than I thought! I have been considering one, thanks for the write up and review!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's not too bad, mainly several of the plastic screws and inserts to take out that Yamaha likes to use. I finally figured out to use a small screwdriver under the lip just to get the first thread started then you can screw them out with your fingers. The floor pan was the trickiest part. It will not come out till the console is raised some and then the way it wraps around the frame behind the door makes it mean to get out. I almost had to take the doors off but finally got it worked out without taking them off too. It's worth the time but be prepared to give it an hour or two.

·
Registered
385 Posts
I made one out of 3 inch pvc pipe and a clean out for a cap and a.plain cap for the bottom. Installed by.cutting a hole in rubber cap under driver seat and pushing pipe down through it. You must put pipe through the rubber cut out before you glue on the bottom . It's totally water proof and the best thing is I had.less than 10 bucks in it. You can make it 8 or 9 inches long and fits perfectly under the seat. I send a pic later.

·
Super Moderator
1,834 Posts
Looks good. Hey, was thinking that would be a great time to grease that zerk on the middle drive shaft. LOL it's such a pain to get to.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Yup a couple of hours to install the first one. I greased the U-Joint from the right side of the air intake tube. Air filter still clean at a bit over 2,500 miles.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts