Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to buy a rmax4 to Finland which has proven to be a difficult task. They haven't sold any to a whole country before, so every salesperson I've spoken with seem to be totally lost about what they are selling.
I was originally looking for a special edition model, but apparently there aren't any in whole of Europe and they couldn't tell whether it'd be 6 months or two years to get one here. Frankly that doesn't matter that much since tje price has risen quite a lot for this year. There is one in Europe they are giving me an offer for and it is named: YAMAHA Wolverine RMax4 1000 TB Bluish Gray Soli 2022. They say that it's this:

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire

But that doesn't seem like Bluish Gray to me. When googling that model identifier, I got the 2023 LE model pictures.. The TB part is also unclear to me.

Besides the color, I would appreciate it if someone could tell me what the differencies were between that model above (basic one i guess) and the SE one. They first told me that there was only a colour difference, but admitted I was right when I told the base model lacked a winch. Did the SE include illuminated button backgrounds on the dashboard for example.

Is it just me or do you find spending 35K with this amount of info a little sketchy?

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looking at that yamaha motorsports pages linked above, it seems that the main differencies they are selling the xtr (SE?) edition are winch better tires and color. When looking in to details they say that XTR also had adventure pro and indoor lighting. I don't care about the adventure pro, but the lighting would have been nice.

Then there are some things that had me wondering:

Font Terrestrial plant Event Circle

The base model doesn't have the three way drive mode switch. I found out that it can be added later easily. And are there any other switches that are missing on the base model?

Font Terrestrial plant Event

Here are couple of things. If I add the switch afterwards, is it communicating with those ultramatic and on-command systems (are they there)? And it says xtr's frame is strengthened. Is it strengthened compared to a base model or some other model?

Then the front bumper seemed to be different too.

Fuck this shit, it's too difficult to compare these and I guess it has been done on purpose too..

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Everything on the the XTR and LE can be added to the base.

XTR gets you different seat materiel (at least here in the US), interior accent lighting (it's on all the time), winch, D mode switch, different tires (same size as the base but a different brand), a different front bumper, back lighted switches, and the Advernture pro.

LE gets everything the XTR has plus shift on the fly shocks and a radio.

The frame is the same between all models. D mode switch is plug and play. All you need is the switch, everything else is already there in the base to make the switch work.
Thank you sir! You're a life saver.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts