Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
No, they're not, and they have the infrastructure and tech to leave everyone else in the dust if they decide to do it. Next will be turbo versions of the X & R with launch control and live valve shocks I bet.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Honda makes great stuff! Is it just me, or do the tires look too small for the machine though?

Reactions: wolvymanx4

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Honda makes great stuff! Is it just me, or do the tires look too small for the machine though?
Agreed, but there shouldn’t be any rubbing concerns with bigger tires. Honda is claiming in one video I watched that you can’t put larger than 30s on it however. It will be interesting if there are problems with the transmission when people do.
I see there already going to offer a turbo by fall, direct bolt on, no modifications at nearly 6000.00 to give it 165 hp.
My concerns until proven are the tranny, I4WD and most new owners say a very jumpy throttle in rough terrain which doesn’t sound to good for rock crawling.

·
Registered
194 Posts
some UTV fellas installed 32" mudders on their Talon. I don't think they lifted it. Youtube it

Reactions: Budro2

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
some UTV fellas installed 32" mudders on their Talon. I don't think they lifted it. Youtube it
I saw that. I know many others will disregard the recommendation as well. That’s why I’m curious. Time will tell!

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Wow! Not gonna lie. I'm really liking the 4 seater!:notworthy::notworthy:

Reactions: atkbike

·
Registered
153 Posts
Honda definitely hit the ground ready to rock. I'm pleased but a little surprised that they have come on so aggressively, given how conservative their ATVs are. I'm expecting Yamaha to respond shortly with fully automatic shift program for the YXZ - they already have a turbo for that awesome triple. What fun.

Reactions: wolvymanx4

·
Registered
110 Posts
My local Honda and Yamaha dealer will sell a new Talon X out the door for about $18,000 but that is still too much for our limited income retirement budget. It could almost lure me away from Yamaha tho. I like Honda reliability, it has nice seats and a 2-spd transfer case.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts