Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know if they are going to make a turbo for the Wolverine?? Would love to have a little more hp!

·
Registered
575 Posts
I thought about it before my friend that had a fab shop moved, then with the release of the Yzx I'm not sure it makes sense. The cost of the wolverine plus parts, plus labor if you're paying for labor, its likely a stones throw from the YZX and the YZX retains the warranty.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I would say it isn't worth the money. Turbo kit + custom mounting and piping, need a PCV auto tune, most likely need dyno tuning, slip on exhaust, re configuring air intake, probably want to do some head work, bigger throttle body with plus size valves. All to put a turbo on a motor that isn't designed to take boost then putting that power to the ground through a wet clutch (no slug and sheeve kit will take that added power. So now your talking wet clutch delete kit. Which isn't made for this motor. It is made for the 686 grizz but nobody ever had any luck with it ...

·
Engineer
1,776 Posts
By the time you got everything working, you will be ready to sell your new created headache at a gigantic loss. I have seen this happen a dozen times. But on the odd chance that you are some freak millionaire that has no good ideas what to do with your money, I can put you in touch with the people to make this happen.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts