Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the life of me I can't seem to get the Adventure Pro to remove from the cradle. The key fits and turns back and forth from the 6 and 9 o clock position, but the unit doesnt budge. I dont see anything in the manual for this either.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
There is a rectangular button just in front of the key hole. Push down on that, then gently pull the top toward u. Some are sticking. After u carefully get it out, not using force, lubricate the button and latch.
Be sure it’s unlocked. I couldn’t get my button to move because it was unlocked from factory and I locked it.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I have the front flip down windshield installed, so it makes getting in there and seeing things a bit difficult. I didnt even see the button. do you know which position is locked vs unlocked for the key? turn clockwise to 9 oclock or counter to 6 oclock?

·
Registered
2021 Wolverine Rmax2
19 Posts
Thanks, I have the front flip down windshield installed, so it makes getting in there and seeing things a bit difficult. I didnt even see the button. do you know which position is locked vs unlocked for the key? turn clockwise to 9 oclock or counter to 6 oclock?
Seems like the button on mine was not that tight. When I lock it it won't move at all. When unlocked it takes a small amount of force but not to much. More than likely it was unlocked when you picked it up. It is very tricky to install. I have done mine 5 or 6 times and still have to play with it to get it locked back in.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks! That worked. I couldn't even see there was a button there with the windshield attached but it came right out. I was having an issue where it seems to not be getting charged while in the cradle. May start another thread if I cant figure it out

·
Registered
280 Posts
Were you getting machine feedback (tach, speedo, ect)? If you were, it should be charging. Keep in mind that if you don't run the machine for a few days, the AdvebturePro will go dead.

Reactions: TN_Max

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think that is what it was. I rode over 1000 miles over a couple months and it only became an issue as the weather closed and trails closed. When it is at 0 battery, I dont get some info for a few minutes after running. Thanks for the clarification.

·
Registered
2021 Yamaha RMAX 2 XT-R 1000
978 Posts
Power it all the way off when parked, not just in standby mode and it will not go dead.

Reactions: TN_Max and Budro2

·
Registered
634 Posts
Remember that if it is recording your track even if you shut it down it will not shut off completely. You must pause the record and decide to save it or discard it otherwise it will continue recording the track your driving.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts