Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not as technical as alot of the great mods I've seen on here but a practical one for my applications. A bit carpentry to put a cover on the back tray. It's hinged at the rear, so I can store bits and pieces (chainsaw etc) image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Secured with a couple of stretchy cords
image.jpeg

A bit of foam to protect the bows during transport. Yet to cut a couple of slots in plyboard and velcro straps to holds bows in place.
image.jpeg

All up cost about $50 and a few hours tinkering

·
July WOTM Winner!
100 Posts
Nice idea. I like it.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Not as technical as alot of the great mods I've seen on here but a practical one for my applications. A bit carpentry to put a cover on the back tray. It's hinged at the rear, so I can store bits and pieces (chainsaw etc) View attachment 1885
View attachment 1886

Secured with a couple of stretchy cords
View attachment 1887

A bit of foam to protect the bows during transport. Yet to cut a couple of slots in plyboard and velcro straps to holds bows in place.
View attachment 1888

All up cost about $50 and a few hours tinkering
I was literally just cruising the site wondering why no one had posted a plywood flat bed with the box for storage. I intend to do this immediately and make it large enough for decoy bags to sit side by side so they can be stacked.

·
Holiday Winner!
131 Posts
love it! can you post some pics of the front of it and how it's attached to the bed on the hinge side?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
love it! can you post some pics of the front of it and how it's attached to the bed on the hinge side?
I cut a couple of pieces of timber so they wedge into the slot at front, that way I can remove it easy - no drilling g etc. The second pic in the series sort of shows it.

·
Registered
651 Posts
I borrowed and modified your project. I do alot of goose hunting and hauling decoys is always a struggle so i made this one big enough to haul 4 6slot bags without stacking and made a removable frame at the rear to let it ride level. It wasnt very light so i added a kickstand to hold it open. I think im gonna rattle can it with rustoleum bedliner spray.

Attachments

·
Registered
651 Posts
Oh and i utilized the 2 bolts where the roll cage is bound together. I took them out added longer 3/8 bolts and a couole u bolts at the corners so its attached to the roll cage in 3 places. Very solid. About 5 min with a ratchet and wrench to remove.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Need some gas shocks for lift assistance and you will be all set. Who says a Wolvy can't haul a lot of gear? Sweet setup.

Reactions: Tracen8r

·
Registered
651 Posts
thanks guys I'm happy with the way it turned out. Im sure itll get a lot of use this fall. its actually not too heavy my wife can lift it up although she may struggle to hold it one handed to put the kickstand down.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts