Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When my wolverine is facing uphill after coming out of park or reverse when i put it in low you can hear the trans almost engaging but it will pop pop pop then BANG when it finally does. Never does it going into high or back to reverse. I think the connecting rod from the shifter handle to the trans could be lengthened or shortened to solve it. I looked at the rod and it does have nuts on each end so it should be simple. Just wondering if anybody had seen this or had ideas. Thanks

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I need to add that it doesnt always do that. Seems to be only when its sitting a certain way. Any other time it goes in fine and all is well. When it slips its like if you started giving it gas then jerked it out of low and went right back without letting off the gas. You can imagine the Bang. And what it may be doing to something inside.

·
July WOTM Winner!
100 Posts
I had the same issue. It's not completely going into gear. I had to lengthen the linkage. But not too much because it will change position for the other gears as well.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had the same issue. It's not completely going into gear. I had to lengthen the linkage. But not too much because it will change position for the other gears as well.
Do you know about how much you lengthened your linkage?

·
July WOTM Winner!
100 Posts
About 1-2 turns. You can feel it when you put the shifter into low. If you push hard all the way forward it will go into gear. So it's not much.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts