Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What does sequential 5 speed mean. You telling me you have to shift gears in the new sport machine. If so I'm not buying.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Yes, you have to shift gears. I saw in a pic there were 3 pedals in the floorboard.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I just watched the Yamaha release for the 1000 cc sxs. About time they came out with a manual transmission. Looks fast. Bet this will put a dent in RZR and Wildcat sales.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just can't imagine people wanting to shift gears on a long hillclimbs. I wish it shift like my wolverine automatically. My be all bad thinking on my part we will have to wait and see. In the 7 years I had my Honda Rubicon I never used the manuel shift the first time.

·
Registered
575 Posts
In a pure sport model the 5 speed makes sense. It's a motorcycle setup..

1. More efficient, 15-20hp more to the ground verses the cvt..
2. You can better use the power you have

3. The clutch allows you to vary the power to the ground.

On a hill climb you'd likely pick 2, or 3rd and go right on up.. No problem..

I can say for the riding I do the wolverine is easier with the auto. I could see maybe getting one as a second rig, but to be honest unless you are near a track, open plains, or desert.. The yzx is extreme over kill.. But I'd like to get one on a track!

In the conditions it's intend for it will likely obliterate the rzr and mav.. Depends on actually hp.. Of course

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Makes sense thanks for the insight. At least I don't have buyers remorse cause I real love my wolverine. Have a good day.

Reactions: EpicWolverine

·
November WOTM Winner!
877 Posts
That transmission setup is really a deal breaker for the riding I do. I think my leg would be dead after a half a day of riding

·
Super Moderator
1,834 Posts
Wi Rider- not really. You don't ever need to use that pedal with the Rekluse clutch kit. If you go to their build page, it's a factory option for 799. Still need to row back and forth on the shifter though to change gears. Funny.. every video I see of people in the Wolverine they are either holding the shifter or the park brake. :D

·
November WOTM Winner!
877 Posts
Wi Rider- not really. You don't ever need to use that pedal with the Rekluse clutch kit. If you go to their build page, it's a factory option for 799. Still need to row back and forth on the shifter though to change gears. Funny.. every video I see of people in the Wolverine they are either holding the shifter or the park brake. :D
Yeah i get you there and it would help a lot, but I range a lot from 10 to 40 mph, so I think I'd be on that stick all the time. I think it would be something fun to play with but after about 50 miles into the day I'd be sick of shafting. Still a good machine I just don't feel it's right for me and well the $22k after the accessories i would want is a little steep for me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts