Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody install a train horn on their ride? I have a horn now but it sounds like weak horn on a VW Beetle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
323 Posts
man that would be awesome

·
Registered
104 Posts
You will need to find a place to put the trumpets, tank and the compressor. Aside from that pretty straight forward. There are other louder (not louder than the train horn) horns that probably wouldn't take up as much space and would be considerably cheaper, such as the Wolo Bad Boy.

·
Registered
104 Posts
This is always funny...

·
Registered
686 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Or grab an 12v electric marine unit from a boat yard/wrecker if you can. They are not train horn loud but are pretty much semi truck loud and without the compressor/lines/tank complexity.
I've got a dual trumpet chrome unit that I'd love to fit to my machine, but finding a good spot where it's not hanging out ready to get stripped by a tree branch, or not be right behind my head, is proving to be a challenge.

·
Registered
2017 Wolverine SE
2,453 Posts
I doubt I'd get away using one on my trail. I'll make the local paper and I'd be found in a heartbeat and banded. LOL

Got a lot of seniors dog walking and that could result in a heart attack. I don't have a horn currently by the way.

Reactions: therebel19

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Got my auto horn behind grille in front of radiator pointing down, sometimes it gets water in it on a wet day and not very loud but always dries out lol. I am thinking about a more serious horn tho.........

·
Registered
92 Posts
I have an old auto snail type horn that I may end up installing in the similar location....it's better than nothing fer sure. The ability to get the attention of riding buddies is a good thing. Whether it's because their cooler lid isn't fastened and the contents are spilling out onto the trail, or warning them of road traffic coming up behind, etc, etc. Yelling and waving doesn't cut it.
I just think louder is better as these machines are pretty noisy.

I'm also thinking about turn signals for this winter....there is a bit of road running around my place on well travelled asphalt and once the full doors go on, hand signals become almost impossible/effective.

Reactions: Paul65

·
Registered
536 Posts
While I find the videos funny, Its a good way to draw to much unwanted attention from LEO or worse get shot by some crack head. I'd stick with an automotive horn on a SXS.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts