Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2021 RMAX4
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello, I'm looking for guidance or tips on the best way to trailer the RMAX4 with the factory Soft Top. I've read that you can open or roll up the windows, unzip the back window.
I'll be traveling about 3.5-4 hrs across I-80 in PA. It's in the 20°s F right now and I don't want the buttons to rip or thr zipper to scratch up the new Softtop Windows. I've also read a lot of the covers on Amazon aren't meant for trailering and shred even when Fastened down.

• Best tip for Trailering with Full Softop Enclosure?
  • Or Best Heavy duty cover that is trailerable? Preferred because the PA road salt will cover the machine especially if the windows are open.
  • Also let me know if this should be moved or better suited for the How-To section

·
Registered
2021 Yamaha RMAX 2 XT-R 1000
1,299 Posts
On my Gen 1 I used to just roll back my side windows as the Gen 1 SATV flip had a large air gap on top and would tend to billow out the side windows. My soft rear didn't open and never seemed to have a problem.

On the RMAX with the SATV flip, it seals up almost completely on top, even better with a little more insulation. It seems to be ok while driving the machine 60-70 mph, should be ok on a trailer as well. I too would like to find a trailer-able heavy cover for towing and keeping it cleaner. Of course all the soft top manufacturers seem to have a disclaimer saying not to tow with them on. Probably the right cover would be safest.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Wondering what you did on this trip? Did you take the soft cover off or leave it on? I am getting pretty much the same setup but with the USA glass windshield. Going with the full cover with the soft back also. How you liking your rig?
This will be my first SXS as well but I am no stranger to them driven many and pulled quite a few also.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts