Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts
Discussion starter · #21 · (Edited)
I am considering getting ST175/80R13 5 bolt as well. I have seen these on PrincessAuto (Ontario Chain store) but the ST145R12C actually cost more. The is a trailer manufacture a few towns away I will try and reach out to as well.

Its maddening for this to happen. If everyone had to change their auto tires every 5 or 6 years there'd be an uproar. When tires are bought the shop never gives you the date code on what they got in even or what was in stock. Could be two years old already !!! Winter tires are affected most by being old as the rubber used to change anyway as it aged.

Discussion starter · #22 ·
Well, after a lot of hunting. I decided to order a Kenda Trailer tire. The do a great job on my HTR's and without faith in the crappy Carlisle tires. Thats money better spent as Carlisle has been a real nightmare for my trailer. There is one more tire and its likely to POOFF AWAY as well then a 2nd Kenda will be acquired. I should have it in a few days and the tire shop will mount it.

I have Kenda's on my 12 ft trailer, so far so good.

My dually and all my heavier trailers get tires every 5 years. My around town lighter stuff I'll go a little longer. Nothing goes past 7 years. When I had the GN that was 14 235/85R16 tires at $200 a tire on just the truck and trailer. On the bright side most people don't care about age so if they have good tread you can sell the take offs for a decent price.

Discussion starter · #25 ·
I have my spare now. I just picked it up today. I am good to trailer again.

First thing I do is take trailer tires off and trash them, then buy light SUV tires or light truck tires. Good to go.
I used to be the same way. Now there are trailer tires that are much higher load range then you can find in the same size LT tire and my newer ST tires are speed rated about the same as an LT tire.
My enclosed has ST225/75R15 rated at 2,830 lbs @ 75 mph. That's 1000 lbs more more than most tires in that size and 500 more than the highest I can find which is a P rated tire that is supposed to be derated 10% for LT use even. They also have a 5 year warranty and 2 years of roadside assistance from the manufacture. Hell they even sell ST mud tires now.

Reactions: Xflight
First thing I do is take trailer tires off and trash them, then buy light SUV tires or light truck tires. Good to go.
I had a 5x10 utility trailer that I sold a year ago and when I replaced the tires on that about 15 years ago I put radial car tires on it and they were still on it when I sold it, going strong.

Reactions: Xflight
I read somewhere that that Carlisle is owned by or part of Goodyear somehow. But every Carlisle tire I have seen lately says “Made in China” 🤦‍♂️

Discussion starter · #29 ·
I have the Kenda which say also Load Star on it. dealer said the use a lot and not problem with them. FYI

I read somewhere that that Carlisle is owned by or part of Goodyear somehow. But every Carlisle tire I have seen lately says “Made in China” 🤦‍♂️
Goodyear Marathon trailer tires are made in china. There was talk of bringing production back to the US but I don't know if it ever happened. The Endurance line used to there commercial quality line of trailer tires but there have been some naming changes lately so I don't no what it's called now. The Endurance line is now priced way to cheap to be the good ones, they were $350+ a tire. I have not heard of a connection with Carlisle. They own Cooper, Kelly, Dunlop and Fierce that I know of.

Reactions: Viking2020
21 - 30 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.