Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys im looking into getting a trailer to haul my wolverine around and was curious if i need a 6X12 or if i can cut it with a 5x10 or 6x10. Whats everyone else using to get their machine around?

·
Registered
388 Posts
I was having the same questions that you have. I went with a 6 x 12 just wide enough to get it on with a little space on each side. I looked at some 6 x 10's it should fit on one. But I just got the 12' no diff in price to speak of and you get a little space on the back of the trailer to put something. You cant ever have to big of a trailer.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was having the same questions that you have. I went with a 6 x 12 just wide enough to get it on with a little space on each side. I looked at some 6 x 10's it should fit on one. But I just got the 12' no diff in price to speak of and you get a little space on the back of the trailer to put something. You cant ever have to big of a trailer.
Solid point the ones ive been looking at have a little bit of a price difference not much so i might just go with the 6x12

·
Registered
46 Posts
Solid point the ones ive been looking at have a little bit of a price difference not much so i might just go with the 6x12
In my area 6'4" width trailers are very common and price wise are usually very close to the same. That is what I got, just in case I wound up going with a slightly wider SXS than the Wolverine or got wider tires/wheel spacers in the future. I think I paid $1,060+tax for mine and the regular 6 X 12 was only $1,030. It was less than $50 difference for those 2 more inches on each side.

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
We have a 5.5' x 10' and it works fine. Very little "room to grow" though, and I would definitely NOT go any smaller.

·
Registered
157 Posts
One thing I considered. Depending on what your using to tow I went with 12. Almost 14 to get a quad on too.

Point is the 10 & 12 are likely close in price. You have more room to balance the load on a 12.. On a 10ft your basically stuck on however it goes on.. So if it's putting more weight on the tongue you can't back it up to adjust and balance the load. Long term you will be happier with a 12 ft.

·
Registered
718 Posts
The one I ended up buying is 6x14, but if I was shopping around for one, I wouldn't go smaller than 6x12 to have that extra room to move it around and get it in the right place.

·
Registered
2019 Yamaha Wolverine X2
1,466 Posts
I have a custom made 7' wide x 7' tall x 16' long enclosed trailer. Living in Michigan we can get a lot of salt in the winter which is not good for my large financial investment. It really grabs the wind though when I tow it. Having a diesel really helps.

·
Holiday Winner!
131 Posts
One thing I considered. Depending on what your using to tow I went with 12. Almost 14 to get a quad on too.

Point is the 10 & 12 are likely close in price. You have more room to balance the load on a 12.. On a 10ft your basically stuck on however it goes on.. So if it's putting more weight on the tongue you can't back it up to adjust and balance the load. Long term you will be happier with a 12 ft.
Exactly this.

I borrowed my friends 6x10 to get mine home and it had very little room between the fold up ramp and the rear of the machine. I bought a 12' the following weekend. Once I balanced the machine on the trailer I put a small stripe of white paint on my rocker and a small stripe on the trailer rail so I know where to stop. Also keeps me from having to readjust my tie down straps every time since I'm putting it back in the same spot.

also, you got room for a deer or a large cooler if you need.

·
Super Moderator
3,796 Posts
I got a 6x12, fits perfect, my only regret is not getting a double axle
Once you have a tandem axle trailer you'll never go back to a single, they carry loads soooo much smoother. I use a 8.5'x16' plus 2' V front snowmobile trailer with tandem axles.

Reactions: Mountain592
1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.