Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would a 20 foot flatbed car hauler be long enough to haul two Wolverines? I have an SE model coming in tomorrow and we plan on buying another Wolverine next year.

·
Super Moderator
2,050 Posts
Would a 20 foot flatbed car hauler be long enough to haul two Wolverines? I have an SE model coming in tomorrow and we plan on buying another Wolverine next year.
This depends entirely on the method of securing them to the trailer. Technically, they would fit, bumper to bumper. If you do this, I would strongly recommend wheel bonnets on all 4 wheels of both machines. You are not leaving much wiggle room at all. Also, is the 20' car hauler actually totally flat, or is there a 4' or 6' beavertail on the end? This downward slope would make it even more important to have a very secure tiedown method.

Here is an example of wheel bonnets.

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
Me and a buddy bought matching wolverines in November. We haul both on a 20' open car hauler regularly with no issues. We park the front one at the bump stop on the front of the trailer. Room for about 18" gap between machines so as not to have any rear overhang on the back of the trailer. We don't use wheel bonnets as FTM so highly recommended (good advice) but we do use 4 ratchet straps on each machine, 1 for each corner.

·
Super Moderator
1,834 Posts
I would say a 20ft would work fine. Have a 24' enclosed that I put the Wolverine, YXZ and little girls Raptor 80 in. It's funny when I start pulling everything out people go "you put all that in there?" LOL.. Yup.

Even have a portable standup a/c unit in the front with batterybox and so forth that fit in the vnose. I do use tire bonnets on the sxs's to keep them in place securely.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.