Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are traction boards a popular accessory for sxs’s?
I’m pondering a rack build for my x2 that I can get a couple dog boxes on. I’ve got some osb spread across the bed rails at the moment. Ideally I’d like to build something a little higher than the bed rails. I was thinking about using traction boards as to cross pieces. My thought would be if I got really stuck I could unload dog boxes and unbolt the traction boards.
I’m not certain how strong any of the traction boards and if they can support any sort span load.
Let me know your opinions or experience with traction boards.
Thanks Travis

·
Registered
RMAX 2 XT-R
901 Posts
They sell a pretty nice set on them at Tractor Supply. I have never used them but I have laid many sticks, rocks, logs etc..... perpendicular to my tires in the past. Looks like a great idea. Unfortunately most of the places I ride, if i got stuck and couldn't use my winch, I would never find my tires under all the muck to use the traction boards

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah not much to winch to in the high desert either unless you carry one of the digging spades.
I just wonder if the traction boards can support about 120lbs of unsupported span.
Might go rebels route and use some aluminum loading ramps. Pretty sure they’ll support 120lbs across their span since they’re used in loading 1200lb+ sxs’s.

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
They sell a pretty nice set on them at Tractor Supply. I have never used them but I have laid many sticks, rocks, logs etc..... perpendicular to my tires in the past. Looks like a great idea. Unfortunately most of the places I ride, if i got stuck and couldn't use my winch, I would never find my tires under all the muck to use the traction boards
I've had to dig the loading ramps out of the ground, not fun.

Some of the farmers around here have telephone poles buried in their fields because they used them as traction boards. Those poles will never be recovered. A thousand years from now, someone will think they found another oak island if they go to digging.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts