Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We finally stated to get winter temps and the snow that goes with it. Hard water fishing started (very carefully!)this weekend in Manitoba. Our Wolverine will be our transport to and from the ice fishing shack. As well as a recreation vehicle as there are lotsa quads and sxs that are equipped with tracks in our area. Our virgin ride was fairly short. we did some hills and ruff rutted out frozen quad trails. a little ruff compared to air filled tires but it climbs like a goat in the snow. Still waiting for Yamaha doors......my dealer says a month out yet. Grrrr. may look elsewhere and cancel yammy doors. will be dragging shack out soon as ice thickens. Looking forward to pulling power with tracks,sled had a tuff time pulling our 8'x10' ice palace....lol. IMG_20151129_122550.jpg IMG_2922.JPG IMG_2930.JPG IMG_20151129_122550.jpg IMG_2922.JPG IMG_2930.JPG Come on winter.......Bring it!!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Good stuff buddy...are you able to twist the torsion springs by hand like the instructions said? I can, but barely.

·
Super Moderator
2,050 Posts
LOL..8x10! Ice Palace is right, hell guys around here use little things that look like a port-a-poti lol. Can't be more that 3'x3' or 4'x4'. Tracks look good, I am curious, what Yamaha doors were you waiting on to come in?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes That unit fishes 6 and drinks 10 ...... Ive ordered the soft doors for this winter,if we find we use it a ton will concider full cab for next winter. I really like the Curtis cab for the viking. Emailed curtis and they will have one for next year for the Wolverine.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Prairie mudder, those tracks look sick....in 2 weeks I'll be picking up my new tricked out wolverine....and I'm having tracks installed as well as an SSV Works overhead bluetooth audio system. I'll post picks after I bring it home

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
hello..... well I installed the Yammyfender extentions and wasn't satisfied with the protection they offered. Went to the local surplus store and purchased some 4" belting ...cut to fit and am happy with the result. Since I've installed tracks I needed extra protection from the increased width so babbed up some plastic extentions. Very affective but look a little "hoky" IMG_20151230_215100.jpg

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
haven't got track kit for mine yet as not much snow yet this year,we are gettiing our January thaw now so should help get the snow off the brush and small trees,i don't think I could use my blade with the tracks on either .

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
IMG_20160117_154105.jpg IMG_20160117_155156.jpg IMG_20160117_155213.jpg IMG_20160117_155238.jpg Finally finished my build...haha who am I kidding...track throw up a ton of snow...found box was half full of snow packed as hard as a drift after a 2 day Manitoba blow...fabbed up a framework...bought some boat canvas from Amazon and had a buddies wife stitch-er-up. Very happy with outcome. It not only keeps snow out but is heated a little from the muffler being so close to floor...

·
Super Moderator
3,796 Posts
Awesome doors and cargo cover, you make it sound like they were just whipped up.....I wish I had those skills! Nice build so far!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts