·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
And still room for the cat even!

·
Super Moderator
2,050 Posts
FTM I know your gonna say something about his tie down system:D
scurvey that's a nice package, the only fault I see is if you have to load it with mud on it:(
LOL now what would make you say such a thing???

I have no concern how he ties it down...the only thing getting damaged will be his camper, no body else's life will be endangered when those straps break.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
On second look, I see that the winch is not being used for a tie down. My bad.
No problem, that grab strap on the hook is about the same color as the strap. I did try a bunch of different strap combinations, and can say Jayco has never actually hauled anything when they placed the cleats. Since we use the back end for other stuff when not hauling, I don't want to go with e-tracks, and settled on two angled straps in the back (front of the buggy) and tested on some steep washboard roads.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hi Scurvy: we are in the process of buying a 2017 Wolverine rspec and also looking to buy a Octane 222 . Now you are saying it won't fit because of the cabinet on the right side . Do you have a good picture of that cabinet in modification? If so could you post the picture so I can see it. thanks Tex

·
Registered
83 Posts
hi scurvy forgot to ask are those the stock tires going to put 27" black diamonds on it have them on my 2012 rhino and love them looks like the wolverine roof is close to the happy jack bed thanks again tex.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
after the maiden voyage I discovered rub marks on the roof and the happy jack bed from the bouncing and swaying of the camper, so yup with stock tires it will rub at the high point of the roof. You'll notice the bed can be raised some at the four corner mounts - I used a thick washer under each corner and have gained some clearance. Next time we haul any distance like the next time I go to Moab, I think I'll let some air out of the tires as well. It's just the two of us, I'd as soon as take the bed out and store it since we don't use it but have not done that yet (the bed disconnects really easy for removal). This weekend I'll get some pictures of the fitment and the cabinet mod. I love the 222 btw.

·
Super Moderator
313 Posts
after the maiden voyage I discovered rub marks on the roof and the happy jack bed from the bouncing and swaying of the camper, so yup with stock tires it will rub at the high point of the roof. You'll notice the bed can be raised some at the four corner mounts - I used a thick washer under each corner and have gained some clearance. Next time we haul any distance like the next time I go to Moab, I think I'll let some air out of the tires as well. It's just the two of us, I'd as soon as take the bed out and store it since we don't use it but have not done that yet (the bed disconnects really easy for removal). This weekend I'll get some pictures of the fitment and the cabinet mod. I love the 222 btw.
We left our garage happy jack beds in for massive amount of storage...can you store sweatshirts, riding gear etc on yours and get by with less air pressure and those washer shims you put in?...would be cool if you can leave the bed?

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
We left our garage happy jack beds in for massive amount of storage...can you store sweatshirts, riding gear etc on yours and get by with less air pressure and those washer shims you put in?...would be cool if you can leave the bed?
I'm afraid to store too much on ours in case I have to hit the brakes - don't want it sliding off. I don't think you'll lose any storage if you have to leave the bed behind when you haul the wolverine; I slide totes under it, there is room on the sides, and of course totes in the bed and seats if necessary. of course the totes go into the truck when we're camping.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Thats good investigative reporting. I'm looking for a toy hauler also. My problem is that i hav the wolverine and a RZR170 (youth model) to pack around. They take up every inch of space on a 16 foot tandem axle trailer. I'd have to get a 16 foot garage, which could easily mean a 40 foot trailer to have a decent amount of room for the four of us. That's fifth wheeler territory and so then i need a 3/4 ton truck instead of my PAID FOR F150. This hobby gets pricey :p

·
Registered
67 Posts
Thats good investigative reporting. I'm looking for a toy hauler also. My problem is that i hav the wolverine and a RZR170 (youth model) to pack around. They take up every inch of space on a 16 foot tandem axle trailer. I'd have to get a 16 foot garage, which could easily mean a 40 foot trailer to have a decent amount of room for the four of us. That's fifth wheeler territory and so then i need a 3/4 ton truck instead of my PAID FOR F150. This hobby gets pricey :p
But don't forget "he who dies with the most toys wins" :D

Reactions: atkbike
1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.