Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
The Wolverine is governed to about 52 MPH. With machined sheaves and oversize tires you can see 59ish on a GPS. Stock, some people see 54, but for many 53 is tops on a flat level surface. PM Hunterworks for assistance with machined sheaves and other clutch work to improve performance @ Hunterworks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you! I have a 2006 rhino that "might" need an overhaul. I can only do about 50 in it. It has 3500 miles which I'm kinda bummed about. I have been very religious about oil and filter..... I'm debating on buying new or rebuilding the rhino. Is it that much better? There is one at local dealer 60 miles away.

·
Banned
504 Posts
The Wolverine is totally different from the Rhino. Drive one and you'll see.

Thank you! I have a 2006 rhino that "might" need an overhaul. I can only do about 50 in it. It has 3500 miles which I'm kinda bummed about. I have been very religious about oil and filter..... I'm debating on buying new or rebuilding the rhino. Is it that much better? There is one at local dealer 60 miles away.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm surprised that even though they are out there just isn't much information on them. Are they not that popular? The one at the dealer has been there a couple weeks now.

·
Banned
504 Posts
"slugging" is adding additional weight to the ends of the shoes in the centrifugal clutch. That makes them move outward out more which makes the clutch engage earlier and harder as the engine revs up.

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
"slugging" is adding additional weight to the ends of the shoes in the centrifugal clutch. That makes them move outward out more which makes the clutch engage earlier and harder as the engine revs up.
sounds like a good benefit. any detriments?

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
most excellent Timmi! engine braking is another area I would like to address.

like bob, the creeping ability of the little P-5 has spoiled me in certain areas that makes me desire improvement in the wolverine

1 - 12 of 12 Posts