Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

top of the mountain

8K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  205 
#1 ·
my son and I cut the trail to top of mountain yesterday

See less See more
#5 ·
I love it when you can see multiple horizons in the distance!

If you can blow up this picture you can see 6-7 horizons in the distance! Your's are mountain peaks thousands of feet high. The horizons in my picture are ridges left by receding glaciers in northern Michigan and are probably not more than 1500 feet in elevation!

I was returning from Alaska, and the return flight traveled the full length of the Canadian Rockies and they were cloud free. The pilot had been traveling this route for 10 years and had seen this condition only once before.

The view was outstanding for over 1,000 miles! Something I will never forget! Layers of mountains hundreds of miles wide west to east for over a thousand miles, what a sight!!

#6 ·
I love it when you can see multiple horizons in the distance!

View attachment 595

If you can blow up this picture you can see 6-7 horizons in the distance! Your's are mountain peaks thousands of feet high. The horizons in my picture are ridges left by receding glaciers in northern Michigan and are probably not more than 1500 feet in elevation!

I was returning from Alaska, and the return flight traveled the full length of the Canadian Rockies and they were cloud free. The pilot had been traveling this route for 10 years and had seen this condition only once before.

The view was outstanding for over 1,000 miles! Something I will never forget! Layers of mountains hundreds of miles wide west to east for over a thousand miles, what a sight!!
you probably flew over my area as we seem to be in the flight path to alaska

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.