Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

Too Quiet in Here!!

15K views 38 replies 14 participants last post by  MNDirtRider 
#1 ·
Where are all of the Wolverine Sightings? :cool: I am checking this site like a junkie on crack!

#8 ·

First Impression

"Are lucky test driver who had the opportunity to get behind the wheel came away very impressed with the overall build quality of the Wolverine. Its sporty to a point and quick enough to put a smile on your face for sure. The Wolverine is no racer, as its intended for trail explorers that may have been introduced to the sport in days of the Rhino and have been waiting patiently for another offering from Yamaha since its extinction. The Wolverine will not set the world on fire, but it will start a small war between other Japanese companies to one up each other. Eventually that will get them to the point of performance where Polaris, Artic Cat and Can-Am are at now. We just hope its not another decade until that happens.

#9 ·
OK, Thanks to Viker I was able to checkout a Wolverine in person today. See a few Pics here. I really like the machine and can't wait for mine to come in. I have a Can Am Maverick and love the Maverick but for my riding style think the Wolverine will be a great fit. I love the cargo bed which is much more functional than the tiny deck on the Mav. It looks like the Wolverine will run a lot cooler in the cab with the airflow up front and the rear mounted engine. Front Diff Lock on the nasty trails will be a plus for me as well. The front bumper is massive and more like 1.75" tube than 1.5". When you look at what you get compared to most machines it is really a bargain. On my Mav I had to add skid plates, doors, roof, power steering, rock sliders etc. Did not get to drive it but I am not as concerned about power as some of you guys, on most of the trails I ride we rarely get over 20mph and have more fun with the technical stuff.

#16 ·
OK, Thanks to Viker I was able to checkout a Wolverine in person today. See a few Pics here. I really like the machine and can't wait for mine to come in. I have a Can Am Maverick and love the Maverick but for my riding style think the Wolverine will be a great fit. I love the cargo bed which is much more functional than the tiny deck on the Mav. It looks like the Wolverine will run a lot cooler in the cab with the airflow up front and the rear mounted engine. Front Diff Lock on the nasty trails will be a plus for me as well. The front bumper is massive and more like 1.75" tube than 1.5". When you look at what you get compared to most machines it is really a bargain. On my Mav I had to add skid plates, doors, roof, power steering, rock sliders etc. Did not get to drive it but I am not as concerned about power as some of you guys, on most of the trails I ride we rarely get over 20mph and have more fun with the technical stuff.

View attachment 100 View attachment 101 View attachment 102 View attachment 100
What was the wheel and tire size combo on that rig? It looks sharp!

#30 ·
Checked out a local dealership here in Canton today. The salesman had never heard of a Wolverine but he offered to check to see if any were on order and lo and behold they have four that should be here today or tomorrow. I thought that I wanted the camo version but the more I see of the blue the more I like it. I'll give 'em a day or three and go back to check them out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.