Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2021 RMax 2 Gray in Nova Scotia
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
And pretty much done. Latches, lock and gas struts installed for the lid.

Not aircraft level work, but not bad with a grinder and hammer.
Looks pretty sharp in real life.

I won't leave the lock there when travelling, just when I'm away from the machine. Big trip on Sunday.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Truck
Bumper Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Gas Electronic device

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
WOW! Super nice!

Reactions: Maggot

·
Registered
961 Posts
I'll second that. Amazing job Maggot. Maybe you should start an accessory business now that you're retired.:)

Reactions: Maggot

·
Registered
2017 Wolverine SE
4,155 Posts
You could poke a bolt through the hasp 3/8" and long enough threads with a nut on even snug it shouldn't come off. It will keep the lid from opening up on the ride.

Looks good

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'm from Newfoundland and go back every 2nd yr to visit the family. Never owned an offroad machine, so never saw much of the Newfoundland trail.

NS has lots of great trails too, all over the province, mostly day or 2 stuff and your returning. Not the same at the trailway crossing the Rock.

It's the planning and mystic of the Newfoundland trip that's unmatched. You leave your truck/trailer in parking lot in Cape Breton, Nova Scotia and drive the km or so in the atv/SxS right to the ferry terminal.

From this ferry terminal you already decided if you're taking the 6hr ferry ride to the West of Newfoundland, or the 18hr ferry ride to the East coast of the island. Most take the east ferry to Argentia and ride west. Because it's the old rail bed, you'll be entering a village, town, small city, every 30, 50, 80 kms or so. With some north/south treks along the way.

It's the whole aura of the trip. Booking the ferries. Seeing other machines waiting for the ferry at the terminal, everyone has stories, driving the 900-1200 kms to make it across, and the ferry back at your truck some 7-14 days later.

Heard many stories where a machine breaks, a local (lets call him George) shows up and tows you to Ed's place, who's a welder. Next thing you know Ed and George's buddies are bringing beer to ya and the wives cook up a big scoff with moose and fish... The machine is repaired the next day but you end up spending 5 days at George's place.
Yup the trans island rail bed ride is the premier ATV ride in North America.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts