Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
2022 Rmax Sport
449 Posts
I don't mind the mud. Just hate cleaning it after. Got used to getting dirty riding atv's. I do plan on adding something to the stock fender flares to make them a bit wider.

·
Registered
2019 Yamaha Wolverine X2
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
I remember and I do agree but they can only skimp so much before. Enough is enough when they rape you to buy options as in Canada about 3X your price!!
Yes I get it they make a ton of money off these things but I do have to say that in 2008 I payed 12000$ for my rhino and in 2021 I payed a little over 15000$ and this thing looks built much better I can’t really confirm that yet because I only have like 30 miles on it but the thing does have doors and just looking at the changes they made over the years is pretty impressive. Sorry I have been boozen and I tend to ramble on. My point is that’s not that much of a price increase over 13 years.

·
Registered
2020 X2 XT-R 850
282 Posts
I did the 2" FRONT ONLY Perfex lift on my machine. Just to level it out a little without adjusting the preload in the front to do it. No issues so far but only a couple hundred miles on the machine. I left the front sway bar on and hope I don't need the limit straps one day.
Where I hunt there are plenty of big rocks on the primitive roads/trails that I have to go on, and I do bottom out every now and then (with the Rhino...which was lower...haven't hunted with the X2 yet). I don't seek out Rock Crawling roads/trails or mud bogs so I didn't really need much of a lift.
Fortunately, like the Rhino, the Wolverine has a steel floorpan. The floorpan of my old Rhino looked like I'd gone sledding with it!

Reactions: Wolvie Hunter

·
Registered
277 Posts
My question is...if I lift will it affect the long term reliability?
Yes, the lift doesn’t do much damage, but larger tires will make things fail sooner. I’ve lifted dozens of vehicles and have always found this to be true. Looks is a different thing, if you need that, but unless your are unable to do the trails you’d like to, I’d leave it alone

·
Banned
2017 Wolverine SE
5,022 Posts
Yes, the lift doesn’t do much damage, but larger tires will make things fail sooner. I’ve lifted dozens of vehicles and have always found this to be true. Looks is a different thing, if you need that, but unless your are unable to do the trails you’d like to, I’d leave it alone
I expect it depends.

How much larger tires. Its had no affect on mine although I am not excessive as some like to have either. With tire higher you're raising the axle and CV shaft points higher, not so with a lift.

Reactions: Paddler

·
Registered
129 Posts
I put a 2" lift on my last SXS (an OG 2016 Wolverine). I loved the look, and the additional ground clearance, and never had an issue with it. A good portion of my riding is off-road during my hunting trips, and I also have been going once a year for a solid three days of riding at the HMT in WV. So a lift would really help with my style of riding. Now I have a 2019 X2 R-Spec and have been seriously considering lifting if for a while. I've had my eye on the 2" lift by Perfex, but I wanted to take a wait and see approach to see if it affected the reliability. Since I've waited I have heard a fair amount of discussion about excessive heat in the rear CV joint hubs after it's been lifted which "might" be causing reliability issues. (Which probably is not isolated to just Perfex.)

My question is...if I lift will it affect the long term reliability? And if so, by how much?

I thank you in advance.
Skelley521,

Thank you for replying.

I have removed the front sway bar, not the rear. Do you think I need to re-install it? I've heard people recommend the rear 1-1/2" setting over the 2". I have a tendency to ride faster than you've indicated. I wonder it that might create an issue?

I have 28x14-10's all around with 1-1/2" spacers on the rear.
I just installed the 2" Perfex Front Lift last night, and drove it down the road and I am pulling to the left a little.
Would it be because the treads are contacting the road in a different area of the tire?

·
Registered
2019 Yamaha Wolverine X2
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
I just installed the 2" Perfex Front Lift last night, and drove it down the road and I am pulling to the left a little.
Would it be because the treads are contacting the road in a different area of the tire?
I'm not sure. I've not used that lift kit so I don't know. Maybe some others who've used the Perfex Lift can chime in here???

21 - 32 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.