Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at new shoes for the Wolverine. What ply are you running? It looks like about $250 to go 8ply radial over 6ply bias. I will be riding trails.... rocky hard pack with some mud.

Before I bought the R-spec I looked at the back tire, saw 4 ply. I was surprised to see 2ply on the front today. Also where do you buy?

Thanks

Sedona Mamba Wheels w/ Sedona Rip Saw Radial Tires: SideBySideStuff.com

·
Registered
385 Posts
The maxis bighorn is what I replaced those junk 2-0 with but next time i'm going with Sedona rip saw.

·
Registered
718 Posts
I'm running 6 ply radial original Bighorns 26x9x14 front, 26x11x14 rear. I had them on my last 4 wheeler I had and had great results so I decided to give them a try again and so far so good.

·
Premium Member
433 Posts
Does anyone have first hand experience w/ Sodona Ripsaws or ITP terracross?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The one they let me test drive had the rip saws. 10" wide all the way around. I can't remember the rim brand. A lot better ride and traction over stock. Put 53 miles on them trail riding. The stock tire are only good for spares. That said I am new to the game. The Terracross look like a good choice also.

·
Premium Member
433 Posts
I'm running the ripsaws now and from my experience they are mean. And by that I mean they will get you where you want to go like riding a rototiller. Just put a set of black water evolutions in the garage for next. View attachment 1442
Are you running the 26x9-12 front and 26x11-12 on the rear?

·
Registered
242 Posts
I had the Ripsaws on my ATV. Rode rough on the highway. Clogged up with clay fast. For the Wolverine I am using Blackwater Evolution. Best thing I can say about the Ripsaws is while riding a logging trail I broke off a valve stem, the ripsaw still got me back to the trailer with no air in it on a standard rim.

·
Premium Member
433 Posts
We mostly ride the Colorado high country(not a lot of deep mud) and Moab.
"Overload" just put a set of Ripsaws on his, we will be riding Hell's Revenge, and Fins and Things in a couple of weeks in Moab and we will find out how they do on the slick rock.
The Kanati Mongrels look like they do well there.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I love the ripsaws. Great trail tire. A little poor on super hard packed/roads but what I like about it is the depth of the lug. Where a bighorn could puncture, the ripsaw has rubber since its lugs are super deep. I recommend them. They are pretty inexpensive too! I think its mushy-ness on hard packed surfaces is worth the other benefits. When I say, hard packed, I mean roads or REALLY hard packed trails. I had them on my Maverick since I had a hard time finding something that could bite all that power. They sure do bite.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts