Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to the SxS world. I just got my alpine white SE and it has about 8 miles on it. I was just going to buy tires and put on my factory aluminum rims. Figured I would find a steel rim to mount up for a spare. My buddy has the twin to mine and was asking about buying the rims and tires as a set.

What are they worth? I know the tires aren't very desirable but the rims look decent.

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, they are aluminum though, not white. The machine is white.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Yes, they are aluminum though, not white. The machine is white.
Right right. Missed a comma. Factory alpine white, fancy wheels.

I would say 200-300 total would be reasonable for them since there are so many cheaper aftermarket alternatives.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I paid 840 bucks for 4 STI HD3 14 x 7 rims 5+2 offset and 4 Maxxis VIPR 27" tires. Package deal tires and rims came mounted with chrome lugs and center caps.

Reactions: Wi_Rider and chief

·
Registered
718 Posts
I paid 840 bucks for 4 STI HD3 14 x 7 rims 5+2 offset and 4 Maxxis VIPR 27" tires. Package deal tires and rims came mounted with chrome lugs and center caps.
That's about what mine ran me. Same wheels with 26" Bighorns, but I didn't get lugs thrown in.

·
Super Moderator
1,834 Posts
How are the Maxxis Vipr's? They smooth at 40+? The ITP's all seem to be unbalanced. Even had the front balanced but still shakes at higher speeds. Think Maxxis does a better job at making a round semi balanced tire.

Not complaining to much since I'm running Mega's for mud duty. Once you get a few pounds of mud in the rims then the tire balance makes little difference. haha Not sure if I wanna go VIPR or Zilla's for my next set.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Love the VIPR's no issue with balance but I don't do much high speed running. One tough tire I've wacked a new rocks and stumps one stump at about 25 mph hard enough to knock out the front end alignment no damage to the tire or rim. High load rating as well rears are rated for 1000 lbs fronts 800 lbs. 6 ply radial I run them at 10 psi and my buggie still has a smooth ride.

Reactions: atkbike

·
Registered
131 Posts
I got a set of the aluminum OEM rims and tires from my dealer someone went aftermarket on the show room floor, picked up whole set for $300, spun cheapo bighoprn 2.0 tires off and sold them for $200 bucks, put my STI roctance tires on the AL rims and away I went.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I sold my stock rims and stock tires for $400 in about a week. He was plum happy since he was going to buy four new big horns for over $500.

·
Registered
651 Posts
baknthsdle do you have a picture of this set up? I'm thinkin hard about that exact setup. Do you have a lift or riding stock height? lastly would you purchase again?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts