Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For anyone interested, princess auto has there tire straps on sale for 50% off. Reg $50 on for $25.
Two 8 ft e trac (cut in half) and 4 tire straps $180.
Some might say a bit pricey but rock solid and not sucking down the suspension. Well worth it imo.

·
Premium Member
70 Posts
I am sure they have them, but nothing comes up on their site under: tire straps, trailer tie downs, ratcheting tie downs or ratcheting trailer tie downs. I will keep searching.

·
Registered
2021 Yamaha Wolverine X4 XTR
40 Posts
check out etrailer :)
Etrailer is where I got my 5' section and my straps (i don't have tire nets). I used to have the erickson wheel chocks but didn't like how they made the trailer deck surface awkward in certain areas.

I will never suck down the suspension by strapping to sprung components... these machines have too much travel imo.

When I had my old steel sure trac I had it setup for my RZR 900S... the wheel chocks weren't exactly perfect when I picked up the Wolverine but man were they way closer than I thought they'd be!

Attachments

·
Registered
447 Posts
i'm looking at those track setups right now. Problem is my mav has a 10' wheel base and they are only sold in 96" sections lol. Thinking about getting 4 different 4' sections. that way i can move it forward or backwards depending on different setups, or if i'm hauling a different machine.

I like the wheel chocks, but sadly it kind of kills the ability to haul anything like plywood or drywall without having to remove them, and then re-install them over and over. With the e-track i just have to worry about crap getting in the slots lol

Reactions: Paul65

·
Registered
40 Posts
Yep, that's exactly why I ditched the wheel chocks, they were always in the way when I haul anything other than my old rzr (tractor, zero turn, basically anything lol). The etrack is obviously not perfectly flat.. but its still a good surface to lay things down on if you run a long length of it.

Here is my setup two 96" strips of erickson and I have two 60" strips that will finish it off. this is setup about 1.5" wider than my X4 but still works perfectly, my thought was if I ever go RZR XP4 I won't have to move them. I can also just offset my quad to one side and do left or ride side tires which is plenty for a four wheeler.

Attachments

·
Registered
447 Posts
Yep, that's exactly why I ditched the wheel chocks, they were always in the way when I haul anything other than my old rzr (tractor, zero turn, basically anything lol). The etrack is obviously not perfectly flat.. but its still a good surface to lay things down on if you run a long length of it.

Here is my setup two 96" strips of erickson and I have two 60" strips that will finish it off. this is setup about 1.5" wider than my X4 but still works perfectly, my thought was if I ever go RZR XP4 I won't have to move them. I can also just offset my quad to one side and do left or ride side tires which is plenty for a four wheeler.
it says in the description on etrailer that these don't come with bolts/screws, but does it come with the back plate for the underside of the trailer?

·
Registered
40 Posts
No, they do not come with the 6x6 backing plate. I did not use them though, I figure with as many times as I was hitting the xmembers and going every 3 holes they aren't going anywhere.

Also, the etrack being galvanized, I opted not to use SS hardware but rather HD galvanized. This was my hardware order. My grand total was like $61 shipped

Attachments

·
Registered
192 Posts
Don't buy e-track from places like Harbor Freight or the local big box store - you'll drastically overpay and only get short sticks. Find a local place that caters to truckers. We have a local truck repair place that also sells stuff like straps, e-track, etc. When I set up my trailer for the X4 a couple years ago I paid $20 per 10 ft section.

·
Registered
2021 Yamaha RMAX 2 XT-R 1000
1,299 Posts
These are nice screws. No stripping heads on those.
Yes, those are the way to go. I use them on all my trailer deck wood. They use them for tractor trailer flooring. The self tappers either break or get loose, also the cutting tip hangs thru the metal 1/2 to 3/4". For tie downs, I bolt through frame or add angle iron backing across several boards if I can not hit the frame to get the strongest load handling. I like overkill when it comes to tying down or mounted tie down points.

Reactions: Bill_B

·
Registered
30 Posts
I use the Mac’s bonnets and also use the etrack wheel chocks that can be removed for full use of the trailer bed if needed. I use the retractable ratchet straps for the back. On or off is quick and easy.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I like overkill when it comes to tying down or mounted tie down points.
I said this in another post on here somewhere I think.... nothing makes me cringe more when you see a guy/gal pull up in a $50k pick up towing a $25k rig with a busted to crap trailer they bought on craigslist for $300 and have one nylon strap across the back and one across the front :sick:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts