Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at buying some different tires for my bike. As most of you know the ones that come with it are 8" wide in the front and 10" wide in the back. Is there a problem with buying four tires the same width????? I really don't wanna go to wide in the back cause I don't want to start slinging mud on everything that would negate the fender flares I bought.. was thinking about 26x9x12 tires all the way around. Just wondering if there are any downsides to running all four tires the same width like that.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have 28x10x14 all the way around on mine. The only downside that I have found is that the front tires sling mud straight in the cab. I fabbed up some fender extensions that cured that problem, so I will continue to run them!

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
I have 28x10x14 all the way around on mine. The only downside that I have found is that the front tires sling mud straight in the cab. I fabbed up some fender extensions that cured that problem, so I will continue to run them!
any pics of fender extensions?

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
can you fit 26x9x12 on the front stock rims and 26x11x12 on the rear stock wheels?????? I don't want to buy rims. I'm cool with the ones that are on it. But I want to know if the 9" wide on the front and the 11" wide on the back will fit the stock wheels. Help me haha

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Or I could ask it like this is guess. What all WIDTH tires will fit the stock rims???

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Did you need wheel spacers? Im looking at a 27x10x14 front and a 27x11x14 for the rear
Have no idea, hope not, im not a wheel and tire guru. I'm just trying to figure out what width tires will fit these stock rims. im only going an inch taller on tires when I get them.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I am running 26x10x12 and 26x12x12 Kenda Executioners on the stock aluminum rims.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thank you I just talked to a guy at rocky mt atv and he said that it would be no problem at all to do what im trying to do so.. yeye

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Anyone tried the maxxis vipr tires? if so what did you think? how much does one of them weigh, a 26x9x12?? it is nowhere on the internet.

·
November WOTM Winner!
882 Posts
Anyone switch tires and keep stock wheels? Would like new tires but find it hard to justify spending money on wheels when all they're going to do is get covered in mud

·
Registered
157 Posts
I also would like to upgrade the tires but I can't justify the money for cool looking wheels.

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
Or I could ask it like this is guess. What all WIDTH tires will fit the stock rims???
I think most utv rims come one width fits all. You can get different diameters and offsets but the width seems pretty standard from what I've seen.

Reactions: chief

·
Registered
113 Posts
There are a couple of ITP SS wheels that come in 7&8in widths with the correct offset.Also,some OMFs &HI-PERs.I went round&round trying to figure out wheels with different widths and correct offset,ended up putting on a set of factory YXZ beadlocks& 27s.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts