Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reading some tire post. I couldnt really find a good answer . My question is if u had 1 thing to do would u lift or go with bigger tires and rims. If it is tires and rims what is a all around good tire ? Trail, mud, hills. I have the stock 26" maxxis big horn tires with alum rims (stock). This was my thoughts. using my stock tires on a trailer build I'm gonna do and get bigger ones if that's the way to go but more costly for sure. Or should I do a lift and buy some cheap rims and tires for the trailer build? If I do tires what is a good tire&rim combo (size) just want to do the right thing the first time.

·
Super Moderator
1,834 Posts
I went with bigger rims and tires first but it really all depends on the type of terrain you will be riding in most. Everyone has their opinion of tires and there are a bunch out that have good reviews. The Blackwater EVO's seem to be a good all around tire for trails/mud. For rock crawling and so forth Rocktanes seem to be a hit or the original Bighorns. Mud/trail tires it would be Zillas (lightest), Terminators, Outback Max's, Mudlites, Mega Mayhems.

For pure mud.. Silverbacks, Outlaw 2's and the like.
For desert and road riding I'd be looking at some Tensor regulators or the new Maxxis Liberties.

Also, biggest I would go is 28" without a lift.

·
Super Moderator
3,796 Posts
Any aftermarket tire will be an improvement over the stock 2 ply front and 4 ply rear tires. Real Big Horns are much more durable and have a deeper lug, they will also be taller than the stock 26" tire.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts