Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

Thoughts on Low Range Ratio

9K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  Timmi 
#1 ·
very limited time with the blue eps model that just came in. appeared the low range isn't as low as the rhino or Viking. no opportunity to compare side by side last night. more noticeable in reverse.

any thoughts, comparisons from you nice folks? specs to view?

#8 · (Edited by Moderator)
The soft take off may not be a problem. Its about the same in high range. Just give it good throttle to get it rolling. Above about 3,500 it accelerates fairly good for an engine of this size. I will be testing with 27 inch Big Horn tires and may do a test with 30 inch Mongrels if they fit ok. One size larger tire may be OK but the Hunterworks kit for a lower gear and the wet clutch slug kit may be necessary for larger tires. I think 30's will be too big but 28's and 29's may work fairly good.

#11 ·
I installed my 30 inch mongrels with 14 inch bead lock wheels. They will hit on sharp turns and when the suspension compresses. I'm test with 27x12x12 Big Horns on ITP wheels tomorrow. I may use the 9 inch front tires up front.

Attachments

#15 ·
The 30 mongrels hit on suspension compression and they are too heavy. 27 mongrels may be as large as the stock 26 big horn 2.0, they run small. 27 inch Big Horns run large and clear OK and they are as large at many 28's. Large tires will require a belt drive kit for best performance. Top speed with 27 inch big horns was 56.9 mph on my GPS, 54 on the speedo.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.