Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Vendor
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today we are releasing "The Best" machined sheave, hopefully this will be the last revision on machined sheaves that finally put the nail in the coffin of which is the best made.

The new ones are for the 660 and 700 Rhino and the Wolverine.

Below is a explanation video

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
So I've been reading all these threads bout the sheaves. Would you guys say that this would be the best bang for the buck as far as performance goes? I'm new to the forum and have had my 16 rspec for about a month and have put on bout 150 miles. I like it a lot. Was just looking for a more get up and higher top speed. I do however like how smooth clutch engagement is pulling out. Will that be lost with sheave upgrade? Basically debating on pipe and tuner or doin the sheave this winter. Also Todd, how does this work, do I send you stock sheave and u machine and send back? If so what's the turnaround time?

·
Vendor
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So I've been reading all these threads bout the sheaves. Would you guys say that this would be the best bang for the buck as far as performance goes? I'm new to the forum and have had my 16 rspec for about a month and have put on bout 150 miles. I like it a lot. Was just looking for a more get up and higher top speed. I do however like how smooth clutch engagement is pulling out. Will that be lost with sheave upgrade? Basically debating on pipe and tuner or doin the sheave this winter. Also Todd, how does this work, do I send you stock sheave and u machine and send back? If so what's the turnaround time?
You can send yours in, $50 and I machine it same day or next so fast turn around. Then we add the rest of the items, weights springs etc for some additional dollars But what we sell is new.

The advantage on the sheave itself now is initial take off is much better, slow speed big tire guys that mud or rock crawl really benefit from that part. The slug kit for the wet clutch is what gives it instant throttle response, you touch the gas it moves.

The springs and weights do the better acceleration part

What little top end we can do adds to the top end and lowers cruising rpm

I really don't see much gains in a tuner and exhaust, we have the tuner and performance is not the selling point, a couple more MPH and lower exhaust temps is.

Todd

·
Vendor
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What about the smooth engagement? When pulling out? Still stay smooth? Anyone making a cam for the 708 yet?
Sorry, I thought I was answering that on the wet clutch comment. With the slug kit, the moment you touch the gas you will be moving smooth as butter and with the belt as low as we have it, your initial take off will be great.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I want to thank Todd for all the help and quick responses to my emails he has gone out of his way to see that I have been taken care of. It is nice to see a company and man who truely believes in his product and is willing to offer technical assistance he has been kind, patient and understanding.
Regards Greg.

Reactions: TINKEN and All out

·
Vendor
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I want to thank Todd for all the help and quick responses to my emails he has gone out of his way to see that I have been taken care of. It is nice to see a company and man who truely believes in his product and is willing to offer technical assistance he has been kind, patient and understanding.
Regards Greg.
Thank you for your comments, I really do try even though I make myself look like a idiot on a forum now and again!!!

Todd

1 - 20 of 48 Posts