Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Figure I would write down the progress of this new toy. I purchased from Abernathy's for a smokin deal. To start I read up on engine break in and decided to listed to the bike forums on a hard break in vs driving easy the first twenty hours. As of now the bike has 60miles and 12 hours and we have enjoyed every minute of it. This little dude is plenty quick and will go everywhere I have asked of it.

I installed a super atv half windshield and it's well worth the coin. I also have some new shoes to install this weekend. 29x9x14 and 29x11x14 GBC dirt commanders and STI HD bead locks. They seem to run small and are close to the same size of the 28x10 black waters. 4 tires weight 120lb and I like the idea of a bias tire. I Also disconnected the sway bar to aid in more flex.(so far so good).

Anyway thanks everyone for the wealth of info on this forum.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
looks good, That rear tire is close. I wonder how people are running 30's unless there 30's measure 29in. Thats not even an inch of room in the rear it appears.
Romped around the house and found out the driver rear rubs a bolt head. And both fronts hit ever so slightly. Tires must swell a little when hauling butt. Also realized the HW kits needs to get here. This things lugs badly on the top end. I sold the stock tires today to offset the clutch kit.

·
Super Moderator
1,834 Posts
Lost 6 of the STI hubs caps so far. The mud kind of just sucks them off. Good thing they are cheap at like 5 bucks a piece. STI rep told me just put a bead of silicon on them before pushing them on.

·
Super Moderator
2,050 Posts
Lost 6 of the STI hubs caps so far. The mud kind of just sucks them off. Good thing they are cheap at like 5 bucks a piece. STI rep told me just put a bead of silicon on them before pushing them on.
I do this with my factory center caps on the rear, because I am using wheel spacers and the steel wheels no longer hold the center caps in place. So far I have not had one come loose yet.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I do this with my factory center caps on the rear, because I am using wheel spacers and the steel wheels no longer hold the center caps in place. So far I have not had one come loose yet.
I put the stock cap back on. It will do

·
Registered
131 Posts
And the cyclops led headlights are very impressive. I highly suggest them if you don't wish to spend money on a light bar
The LED headlight do they fit factory, or did you have to do a lot of modifcation, you remember what part #'s you bought, do they work good at night?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
And the cyclops led headlights are very impressive. I highly suggest them if you don't wish to spend money on a light bar
The LED headlight do they fit factory, or did you have to do a lot of modifcation, you remember what part #'s you bought, do they work good at night?
They install without any modification other than having to notch the rubber boot over the light assembly. They work great at night and are super bright I purchased 3800 lumen h4 LEDs

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.