Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Vendor
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today was the day we released our new High Velocity Roller weights for our sheaves and they can be bought separate as well.

In simple terms, they are now solid, won't crush, they are much slicker so more efficient and high temp resistant as well

A full explanation of the weights can be found by clicking the link below to see the weights, see their features and read the tech article on them

Link to new HV Weights on our site click here

These new weights will be shipping with all new sheaves starting today!!

Todd

·
July WOTM Winner!
100 Posts
Hey Todd, I just installed the whole kit with the other roller weights in the greaseless system. Is there any advantage to putting these new ones in? I've only got 15 hours on the kit i just installed.

·
Vendor
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Todd, I just installed the whole kit with the other roller weights in the greaseless system. Is there any advantage to putting these new ones in? I've only got 15 hours on the kit i just installed.
slight but I would not be buying these over those with those few miles.

We have not had any issues with those and over 40,000 sold just wanted to up the anti in the sheave world to continue on with the best of the best. Everyone else now sells the same brand as we did.

Todd

·
Engineer
1,807 Posts
So here is a quick comparison. The first image is OD weights after 700 miles greaseless. This resulted in a failure as the weights were crushed out of round and had a severely flat spotted bottom. They were done.

Here are Velocity weights at 1500 miles of testing in an open cvt. I drove them across the desert and up the mountains, sometimes in 120 degree heat, in mud, snow and submerged under water. Like my C12 belt, they don't even care. Self lubricating, they are amazing, and still running. My sheave will be long worn out before the weights. Hit them with the pressure washer, ready to go again.

·
Super Moderator
3,796 Posts
Sweet improvement!

·
Registered
395 Posts
So here is a quick comparison. The first image is OD weights after 700 miles greaseless. This resulted in a failure as the weights were crushed out of round and had a severely flat spotted bottom. They were done.

Here are Velocity weights at 1500 miles of testing in an open cvt. I drove them across the desert and up the mountains, sometimes in 120 degree heat, in mud, snow and submerged under water. Like my C12 belt, they don't even care. Self lubricating, they are amazing, and still running. My sheave will be long worn out before the weights. Hit them with the pressure washer, ready to go again.

Thats pretty impressive. Definitely seems like the route to go.

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
Ordered mine today, can't wait to see what difference the sheave and slugs make!

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
Any idea on turn around time? I'm not in a hurry, I just like to know how many days until Christmas! LOL

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
I was away all weekend, but when I got home there was a package from hunterworks!
I assume the weights are greaseless, but i dont recall it specifically saying so on the website?

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
I did watch the install video for the slugs. I haven't watched the videos for the sheave or the weights but I plan to. I have installed a sheave on my grizzly, serviced the weights, replaced the secondary spring, etc before and I can't imagine it's much different. I also have a service manual for the Wolverine on hand
Thanks!

·
Vendor
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I did watch the install video for the slugs. I haven't watched the videos for the sheave or the weights but I plan to. I have installed a sheave on my grizzly, serviced the weights, replaced the secondary spring, etc before and I can't imagine it's much different. I also have a service manual for the Wolverine on hand
Thanks!
It is very different, unless you have done a Hunterworks one in the last 6 months please watch video

1 - 16 of 16 Posts