Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Wolverine RMax4 LE
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not trying to be sappy, but I'm new to the whole side by side market. I've owned ATV's for years, for hunting and the mountain trails, but I'm realizing that there is a lot to know about a side x side. Lately I've spent a lot of time researching, learning, troubleshooting, and shopping for things related to my new RMax. Its my new obsession. I've got to say, that I am truely amazed at the knowlege, and ideas, of everyone on here. Here's some examples of how you guys/gals have helped me:

1. Wiring for light bars and accessories - Sizes, ideas, and how to's. I've used many posts to help me find where to get brackets, how to wire a relay and rocker switch, and total available amp.
2. Tires - Fixing, sizing, offsets, and where to shop. This weekend I learned some ideas on how to make sure my tires are aligned. I have 3 used tires and one new one and it really threw off the alignment. I decided the tire needs to be broke in and it will be fine.
3. Noises - While working on something else, I remembered a post about tightening the heat shield and it has helped reduce some noise.
4. Dust control - Who knew there were different things that affect how the dust comes into the cab. I now see areas to stuff foam and seal doors, to help make the ride a little more comfortable for the passengers in the back.
5. Trailering Safety - Whats available and options.
6. Machine construction and troubleshooting - Where to access plugs, wiring, things to check. I now know about subwoofers, heaters, backup light accessory plug, and heat shields.
7. Must Have Accessories - From coolers, to pack-outs, to heaters, to speakers, and lighting. I really enjoy seeing new ideas, and the builds that you do, to make the machine your own. Your advice on what to have in the machine in case of emergency has helped me get out of some sticky situations.
8. New trails - Your stories have opened my eyes to what the world has to offer. I had no idea how much trail riding was available in the eastern US. I'm now Googling the trails you post to learn a little more about these areas, and because they just look cool. Seeing a post from Costa Rica was cool!

And this is just the start. You get the idea. This is not a Thanksgiving challenge. I've felt this way for the past few months, and I believe when people affect your life for good, you should tell them. So this is me thanking all of you for participating and helping.

All of your ideas may break the wallet, but I still appreciate them. I look forward to seeing many more!

·
Registered
160 Posts
I'm not trying to be sappy, but I'm new to the whole side by side market. I've owned ATV's for years, for hunting and the mountain trails, but I'm realizing that there is a lot to know about a side x side. Lately I've spent a lot of time researching, learning, troubleshooting, and shopping for things related to my new RMax. Its my new obsession. I've got to say, that I am truely amazed at the knowlege, and ideas, of everyone on here. Here's some examples of how you guys/gals have helped me:

1. Wiring for light bars and accessories - Sizes, ideas, and how to's. I've used many posts to help me find where to get brackets, how to wire a relay and rocker switch, and total available amp.
2. Tires - Fixing, sizing, offsets, and where to shop. This weekend I learned some ideas on how to make sure my tires are aligned. I have 3 used tires and one new one and it really threw off the alignment. I decided the tire needs to be broke in and it will be fine.
3. Noises - While working on something else, I remembered a post about tightening the heat shield and it has helped reduce some noise.
4. Dust control - Who knew there were different things that affect how the dust comes into the cab. I now see areas to stuff foam and seal doors, to help make the ride a little more comfortable for the passengers in the back.
5. Trailering Safety - Whats available and options.
6. Machine construction and troubleshooting - Where to access plugs, wiring, things to check. I now know about subwoofers, heaters, backup light accessory plug, and heat shields.
7. Must Have Accessories - From coolers, to pack-outs, to heaters, to speakers, and lighting. I really enjoy seeing new ideas, and the builds that you do, to make the machine your own. Your advice on what to have in the machine in case of emergency has helped me get out of some sticky situations.
8. New trails - Your stories have opened my eyes to what the world has to offer. I had no idea how much trail riding was available in the eastern US. I'm now Googling the trails you post to learn a little more about these areas, and because they just look cool. Seeing a post from Costa Rica was cool!

And this is just the start. You get the idea. This is not a Thanksgiving challenge. I've felt this way for the past few months, and I believe when people affect your life for good, you should tell them. So this is me thanking all of you for participating and helping.

All of your ideas may break the wallet, but I still appreciate them. I look forward to seeing many more!
Spare tire or a good patch kit, defiantly cooler to keep the cold ones cold, Windshield, Battery Tender, any style of running lights for those night time trail rides.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
We love spending other folks money.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Excellent points! You're right, this forum is a breath of fresh air 95% of the time when compared to other forums, and even about other things. Great group of people here, I very much appreciate all of you. You could even say: I'm thankful!
[Written on Thanksgiving Day]

·
Registered
211 Posts
Some of the best folks around for sharing collective technical knowledge. Many thanks to the king of wolverines, Maximum Overkill AKA Romeo B. for his contributions to our better ownership experience. He has helped save a lot of people thousands of dollars in possible mechanical or maintenance mishaps.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts