Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I had the opportunity to test a new set of Camso UTV 4S1 tracks in the Big Horn Mountains this weekend. North central Wyoming has 16-24” of fresh snow. Nothing was groomed yet. The RMAX crawled all over the snowmobiles. There wasn’t even a comparison in those snow depths. And it could have handled much more. I’m sure once they start grooming the trails the snowmobiles will have a lot more top end speed. But I’ve got heat and a mug of hot cocoa in the cup holder.
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Snow

Vehicle Tire Snow Automotive tire Motor vehicle
Snow Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tree

· Registered
2022 Rmax sport
2,220 Posts
I had the opportunity to test a new set of Camso UTV 4S1 tracks in the Big Horn Mountains this weekend. North central Wyoming has 16-24” of fresh snow. Nothing was groomed yet. The RMAX crawled all over the snowmobiles. There wasn’t even a comparison in those snow depths. And it could have handled much more. I’m sure once they start grooming the trails the snowmobiles will have a lot more top end speed. But I’ve got heat and a mug of hot cocoa in the cup holder. View attachment 107839
View attachment 107838 View attachment 107840
They work excellent in mud too

· Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Camso claims 2/3 of original speed. I haven’t checked that. I purchased a Speedohealer to correct the speedometer. But I haven’t checked it with gps to do the calculations and install it yet. No transmission, lift or body modifications needed. Switching back to tires is supposed to take less than 1 hour. But I haven’t tried that either. Hopefully someone else can verify Camso’s claims.

· Registered
90 Posts
I installed the speedohealer yesterday. Plug n play. I ran the wire from the plug up to the flat switch spots next to the shifting lever and cut a hole in one of the rubber covers and stuck the controller head right there. Someone on another post I found here said the settings for the camso tracks was - 5 0 0 I entered this into the system and then rode around with it with a gps speedometer app on my iphone and the speeds were almost identical. We don't have any snow right now and the ground is frozen hard so the ride is a little rough, so I didn't try for the top speed of the set up but they go really well. Almost ice fishing time, can't wait!

· Registered
52 Posts
@Offriender
Any chance that you can measure the drive sprocket diameter? Mine are ~15" which results in 1/2 of original speed. When I contacted Camso to see if they had larger sprockets to increase the speed, they told me that 15" was the largest that they make and that they would add an over-revving warning decal on the tracks. LOL!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts