Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
most of you who watch this forum know my machine, it has a 50in light bar across the top of it, I decided to put a 8in
in the brushguard when I didn't need as much light(actually because I just wanted it;) ), but got to thinking before I mounted it that this thing is gonna be under water alot being that low, my question is will it hurt it, how water proof are they, need to know before I actually drill holes and mount it wolverine.jpg wolverine1.jpg

·
Registered
75 Posts
i believe you want an IP rating of 68 8 means good for submersion of over 1 meter check led water proof ratings on google mine IP67 which is sporadic up to a meter but i dont do a lot of mudding or lake crossings lol

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
Totally dependent on the quality of the light bar. Rigids are totally submersible, but the eBay cheapies are most likely not

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i believe you want an IP rating of 68 8 means good for submersion of over 1 meter check led water proof ratings on google mine IP67 which is sporadic up to a meter but i dont do a lot of mudding or lake crossings lol
I don't do a lot either but I have seen my winch under the water a couple of times

·
Registered
4 Posts
You should be alright, that's where I mounted the lights on my old buggy and I never even had a problem - lots of water crossings! They were inexpensive but pretty rugged, and were IP67.

·
Super Moderator
2,050 Posts
A helpful way to improve the waterproofing abilities of the light bar is to remove all the sockethead cap screws holding the lens in place, then remove the lens and check the contact area of the gasket. If it looks questionable, lay a nice bead of silicon along it, put the lens back on and secure the screws. The other place would be the grommet sealing the wire entry. This can also be sealed with silicon caulk.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts