Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like ground clearance but not lifts. If I buy a wolverine ill be looking at 4 nines around it as tall as possible.so what is the tallest tire?

·
Registered
718 Posts
I know there are a lot of people on here running 28s without a lift. I haven't seen one with anything bigger than 26 so I don't know how much room there is to go up from a 28.

·
Registered
242 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
I am getting ready to buy the 2016 Wolverine R-Spec EPS. Looking for larger and better tires. Like the BLACKWATER EVOLUTION.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am getting ready to buy the 2016 Wolverine R-Spec EPS. Looking for larger and better tires. Like the BLACKWATER EVOLUTION.
Looked the blackwaters up they are 5 lbs lighter in a 28/9 over the 28/10 roctane. Thnx for the heads up. Leaning that way know

·
Super Moderator
1,834 Posts
Running 28 Mega Mayhems and I know people running 10X28 Terminators. Think the terms get some rub on full wheel lock since they are so wide at the lugs. The Mega's running slim so no problems at all. Key is you don't want tall heavy tires without a sheave. Even with I would keep it to a minimum.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I'd have to look it up, I'm not sure. Probably not a significant difference.. But I'll look later.
XTR are a radial tire so there added weight in the belts. I was leaning towards the XTR's but went with the XL's. They rub on that one bolt head in the rear but only when you go over any large "yesmam" bumps we call em. Since I installed the 2" gorilla lift no rubbing at all.

·
Registered
575 Posts
XTR are a radial tire so there added weight in the belts. I was leaning towards the XTR's but went with the XL's. They rub on that one bolt head in the rear but only when you go over any large "yesmam" bumps we call em. Since I installed the 2" gorilla lift no rubbing at all.
I don't rub, but it's likely due to wheel offset

·
Super Moderator
2,049 Posts
I have 28x10x12 blackwaters all around, I have suspension preload tightened as far as it goes, I still get rubbing in front at full lock when the suspension compresses hard, but its not horrible, not enough to deter me from having the tries. I suspect with 28-9 you will be fine, no rubbing.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm looking at buying a wolverine and I'm wanting to run mud tires like outlaws or terms and was wondering how it handles them in the mud I seen some on here with 28s just wondering how they do and if anyone thinks it can handle a bigger tire.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I run the 28x10 terms, front and back. They are fantastic. Your not going to vaporize mud like the 1k's. It will clean them out just fine. And churn your way thru the holes. In 4 low it is a beast. I don't think it will handle anything bigger without additional mods. Lift kit for sure. The 28's do not leave a bunch of room at the front of the rear wheel well. I am ordering a 2" lift, and sheave. Currently running, very cautiously, stock, with occasional spurts of stupid.... Power loss is not noticble to me with the added weight. The wolvie handles them fine off the floor IMO. But would like more low end, and smoother engagement. That's where the sheave comes in.... Clearance is at around 13" stock, but I need more. And the lift will alleviate the minor rubbing I have.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Olblu thank you for the help. I am really lookin for something more useful and fun so Im thinking the wolverine will hit the spot.

·
Super Moderator
1,834 Posts
Here's me turning some 28 inch Mega Mayhems.

Could have backed out until I made the ruts to big. LOL

·
Super Moderator
1,834 Posts
LOL, yup. Could have backed out until it was sitting completely on the frame. I don't like going back :D We were working our way through a swamp and it's pretty tight in there.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts