Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't even know why but I am in want of hooking up tach in the wolverine. I also want to out a temp guage. I have no clue how to hook up a tach on these things ... I can do it on a car but this is just beyond my brain power for some reason ... also looking for a small simple plain tach nothing crazy if anyone knows a decent one .. maybe digital info center ... I know they have one for the griz that gives you speed temp air fuel rpm and so on but it is a bit much

·
Super Moderator
1,834 Posts
Right under the bed of the driver side is the coil pack that goes to the sparkplug. Should be easy to hook a tach wire inline to it. That's where the Powercommand hooks in to controll the ignition.

The Powercommander V has a display that can be mounted to provide any of the sensor info even a wideband hookup if you have that module.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Right under the bed of the driver side is the coil pack that goes to the sparkplug. Should be easy to hook a tach wire inline to it. That's where the Powercommand hooks in to controll the ignition.

The Powercommander V has a display that can be mounted to provide any of the sensor info even a wideband hookup if you have that module.
Over 1000 bucks to rock a power commander I think I'll pass

·
Super Moderator
2,049 Posts
Over 1000 bucks to rock a power commander I think I'll pass
Where the heck did you get that price from? They usually run about $300-400???

Anywho, here is a very basic one...

And here is a slightly nicer analog...

And here is the Power Commander display...Todd can hook you up with the PCV itself pre-mapped.

·
Banned
420 Posts
Have a glow shift on my rhino. image.jpg
image.jpg

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Convert your us dollars to canadian then ship it here then pay tax and duty crossing the border and you have a really expensive tach

·
Registered
25 Posts
I had this little unit shipped in from Europe to use in my Viking. It comes from the Yamaha XT660Z Tenere dual sport dirt bike. The bike uses an EFI single cam engine like Raptor 700. Which I'm sure many know, is a variant of the Grizzly/Viking and ultimately the dohc 708cc Wolverine engine. It's been a while since I looked at this project as I never installed it, but if I recall correctly, the wiring harness that plugs into it is pinned differently and does not have all the same screen displays. My plan was/is to mount this over behind the steering wheel and piggy back the compatible functions with the stock gauge.

·
Super Moderator
2,049 Posts
I had this little unit shipped in from Europe to use in my Viking. It comes from the Yamaha XT660Z Tenere dual sport dirt bike. The bike uses an EFI single cam engine like Raptor 700. Which I'm sure many know, is a variant of the Grizzly/Viking and ultimately the dohc 708cc Wolverine engine. It's been a while since I looked at this project as I never installed it, but if I recall correctly, the wiring harness that plugs into it is pinned differently and does not have all the same screen displays. My plan was/is to mount this over behind the steering wheel and piggy back the compatible functions with the stock gauge.

Jeezuz. That is one sexy display setup....it would be sweet to see it function on a viking/wolverine etc.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts