Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have someone added a tachometer gauge on their wolverine ?

Would like a short tutorial if yes

Thanks

·
Banned
4 Posts
Buy a 12v tachometer and run the tach wire which usually goes to the negative side of coil. I just tapped into the coil wire up front under hood at ECU. Tap into the solid orange wire on 2017 wolvy...check wiring diagram for your year.

·
Registered
2019 Yamaha Wolverine X2
1,421 Posts
Buy a 12v tachometer and run the tach wire which usually goes to the negative side of coil. I just tapped into the coil wire up front under hood at ECU. Tap into the solid orange wire on 2017 wolvy...check wiring diagram for your year.
Do you have a recommendation for the make/model?

·
Banned
4 Posts
Correction on coil wire color at ECU, it's an orange wire with small green stripes and it's on the bottom plug of ECU. You'll need to remove the 10mm bolt holding ECU in place to gain access to the wire..can't miss it. Disconnect battery prior to tapping into wire to avoid any possible electrical damage.

·
Banned
4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
So has the waterproofed non-waterproof gauge held up?

My concern is the waterproof design. I keep them in the garage and am not a big mud fan but when i wash them off, they get very well washed. Plus why not get one that can handle it all. I'm looking at gauges built for boats right now but they tend to look booooooring....

\

·
Banned
4 Posts
My non waterproof gauge has done just fine with the silicone boot on back and lots of dielectric grease at all exposed connections!!!

·
Super Moderator
2,050 Posts
I agree with Tinken on this. There is no isolation or protection from damaging the ECU if you direct wire like that. A pickup coil on the ignition wire would indeed be a safer method.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2019 x2 and would like to install a tachometer. Has anyone done so on a x2 (or x4)? What kind did you install and where does it connect to pick up the tack signal on the 847 cc engine?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts