Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

61 - 76 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Got to ask i think i had but forgot does the adventure pro allow for life time trail maps or other trial maps to be installed? Also does it allow for music apps like pandora ?

·
Premium Member
2020 X2-XTR
200 Posts
Got to ask i think i had but forgot does the adventure pro allow for life time trail maps or other trial maps to be installed? Also does it allow for music apps like pandora ?
The adventure pro is an Android tablet. As such it will download and install .apk files. It will not allow downloads from google play. Just like a fire tv box. I have downloaded Maprika (Love it!) and several others just fine. Out of curiosity, I just downloaded and installed lifetime trail maps. It worked just fine.
Harry

Reactions: Paul65

·
Registered
326 Posts
The adventure pro is an Android tablet. As such it will download and install .apk files. It will not allow downloads from google play. Just like a fire tv box. I have downloaded Maprika (Love it!) and several others just fine. Out of curiosity, I just downloaded and installed lifetime trail maps. It worked just fine.
Harry
Harry
Thank you so much! this is our last item we are thinking of buying. Glad to hear about the trail maps and was hoping to be able to download the pandora for music so we would not have to use our phone any more.

·
Premium Member
2020 X2-XTR
200 Posts
Harry
Thank you so much! this is our last item we are thinking of buying. Glad to hear about the trail maps and was hoping to be able to download the pandora for music so we would not have to use our phone any more.
I absolutely love the adventure pro. Pricey, yes but IMHO so worth the $$$$$$$. I use it extensively on every ride. I cannot imagine life without it
Harry

·
Premium Member
1,084 Posts
I didn't see "GPS" anywhere on the Best Buy page. As long as it has a GPS that will work without Wi-Fi, that's what you are looking for. If you can put your hands on it, that will be easy to test. The rest of the specs look good. Excellent price!

·
Registered
32 Posts
It won’t be easy for me to test because I don’t know what to do! Lol, walk me through it. Is there somewhere it says it in the settings or something?

·
Registered
2020 X2 XTR - Super ATV Half Windshield - Seizmik Mirrors - Disconnected Front/Rear Swaybar
23 Posts
I have the tablet that is in the link from Best Buy and use it for trail maps. It does have a offline gps and I am happy with how it works so far.

·
Registered
2017 Wolverine SE
2,842 Posts
For me and most the trails are NOT on the database and I am driving through a void. I use an old Garmin Nuvi and helps identify cross roads and see them coming up. I can store destination on a road. Eg Pub to stop in at. But for trails, useless unless the route have been tracked and captured for an overlay file or such. You can't look at the screen and drive at much of a speed either. Mine get quit dusty and needs to be shaded to see the screen as well.

·
Registered
699 Posts
I have the tablet that is in the link from Best Buy and use it for trail maps. It does have a offline gps and I am happy with how it works so far.
X2. I'm using this tablet also. It works great with Backcountry Navigator but there are many other apps that will work.

Reactions: Paul65 and Shoxg

·
Registered
43 Posts
We purchased a I Pad and mounted it. We have downloaded Maprika and Polaris Ride Command and both apps have been working well for us.

·
Registered
32 Posts
So far I have only used the Polaris ride command, because it’s free, on my phone and I use it to track myself. Where I ride a lot of the trails are not marked so I use it like my Hansel and Gretel cookie crumbs to find my way out. It would be nice to have a bigger screen to use and have it fixed on my ride.

·
Registered
699 Posts
So far I have only used the Polaris ride command, because it’s free, on my phone and I use it to track myself. Where I ride a lot of the trails are not marked so I use it like my Hansel and Gretel cookie crumbs to find my way out. It would be nice to have a bigger screen to use and have it fixed on my ride.
I've used Garmin handheld units in the past but found them very difficult to read because the screen is so small. I learned about using the tablet on this forum. I love the 8" screen. I've created many of my own tracks as well as downloaded several from the internet. You can see links earlier in this thread showing you how to mount it. I have mine mounted to the passenger grab handle with a Ram mount setup.
There's a bit of a learning curve but once you get familiar with it you'll love it.

·
Registered
2017 Wolverine SE
2,842 Posts
I've left my phone in the cup holder and few times and its all dusty. I stopped that right away as it will ruin it getting into ports and affecting connection. What you mount I'd suggest you tape over all port and openings, unless dust is foreign to you where you ride.

Reactions: Wolverinegramps

·
Registered
699 Posts
I have a case that covers the tablet fairly well. I know what you mean. My tablet is always covered with dust. I've used it for over a year and so far so good.

·
Registered
2017 Wolverine SE
2,842 Posts
clearly forward thinking there Gramps. Well done!!

Reactions: Wolverinegramps
61 - 76 of 76 Posts