Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2022 RMAX2 LE
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought the seizmik mirrors with the night lights and the switch that came with it is a litte round one. Can’t seem to find a switch that I could mount in the dash holes that functions the same. Any help would be great. Need the on up middle off and down on with 3 prongs on back. Thanks

·
Registered
26 Posts
I’m educating myself on the wonderful world of 12v as well. Carling switches I’ve heard guys mention on are top quality.
This switch might do what your looking to accomplish. A starting point at least. However I’ll defer to the guys that really know what they are talking about.

·
Registered
2021 Red-neck Edition RMAX2 XT-R
1,030 Posts
Reactions: therebel19

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Awesome dirt. One more question. Could ya tell me which 3 of the 10 plugs on back im
Supposed to use. Sorry to sound dumb. Will I be able to just use the existing three plugs and connect them
And be good to go? Thanks sir
If you want a blue light to come on for both positions you will need to provide a ground wire. So a 4th wire is needed.
Rectangle Font Parallel Slope Diagram

Tab 2 will be your power in.
Tab 3 will be your power out with the switch in the down position.
Tab 1 will be your power out with the switch in the up position.
For the blue light to come on for the down position you will also need to add a wire from tab 3 and jumper it to tab 10.
For the blue light to come on for the up position you will also need to add a wire from tab 1 and jumper it to tab 8.
Jumper tab 7 to tab 9 and run that wire as the 4th wire to ground.
Tabs 4, 5 & 6 won't be used unless you add another light to function the same way as your mirrors.
This switch body does not come with a cover (actuator) You will have to ask Madcat where he got his.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
353 Posts
If you want a blue light to come on for both positions you will need to provide a ground wire. So a 4th wire is needed.
View attachment 99768
Tab 2 will be your power in.
Tab 3 will be your power out with the switch in the down position.
Tab 1 will be your power out with the switch in the up position.
For the blue light to come on for the down position you will also need to add a wire from tab 3 and jumper it to tab 10.
For the blue light to come on for the up position you will also need to add a wire from tab 1 and jumper it to tab 8.
Jumper tab 7 to tab 9 and run that wire as the 4th wire to ground.
Tabs 4, 5 & 6 won't be used unless you add another light to function the same way as your mirrors.
This switch body does not come with a cover (actuator) You will have to ask Madcat where he got his.
Hope this helps.
What do you do for a living? Electronics tech?

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
You can customize your cover (actuator) here.
I made this one from their menu.
Gadget Watch Font Technology Electronic device

But I like Madcats better.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
What do you do for a living? Electronics tech?

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk
I am a retired Avionics Tech. aka Aircraft Electrician. Now I work for myself. ;)

·
Registered
RMAX 2 XT-R
445 Posts
DRW's diagram and explanation is correct. I used a 7 pin but it does the same thing. To simplify things ..... think of the switch as two things.
1--How do I get the switch lights on? (Power to it and ground)
2-- how do I supply power to the mirrors? Wiring harness has the ground in it
3--MAKE GOOD SOLID JUMPERS OUT OF TINNED COPPER WIRE AND GOOD CONNECTORS. Heat shrink everything and use lots of dielectric grease. CORROSION SUCKS.
Automotive tire Wood Art Auto part Electrical wiring
Font Art Electronic device Fashion accessory Graphics

·
Registered
2022 RMAX2 LE
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
so after speaking to seizmik they realize that installing a round switch in a rectangle hole is a bad idea they are offering a rec rocker switch to go right into the cutouts!! thanks for the help fellas

1 - 13 of 13 Posts