Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
Lookin' sharp. :cool:

I recently ordered that same switch plate but with a white logo. Can't wait to start all the wiring when I get back stateside in a couple months [/sarc]

·
Premium Member
879 Posts
Looks good, and like the location of the water temp. gauge.

Where did you get the temp. gauge and how much? Is it backlit for at night and if so what color?

Have you had a chance to see what water temperature it gets to for the fan to come on and then for the fan to shut off?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I like the tape over the seat-belt/helmet light:D
While in the dash I just disco mine and sealed off the wires.....gonna do something there later.

No matter how I put my helmet on that light would never go out:rolleyes:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Looks awesome!!! I envy you guys that are good with electrical. I'm to chicken &@!# to try.
Its easy to say to not be afraid of electrical work when i deal with 480VAC three phase at work, sometimes 4160VAC also. 12 VDC is like dinner mints. Easy, put +12 VDC on one side of each switch, (place a fuse between the battery and switch also) and then attach the other side of the switch to your positive side of the load (light, stereo, etc. Then the - side of the load goes back to the - side of the battery. Simple series circuits.

·
Premium Member
879 Posts
Can't help with the switch plate, but the USB switch is the same size as the regular switches.

I have 2 different USB switches in my switch plate, only because I first bought the one pictured earlier in this thread and then I found a different style of double USB switch that has the voltage displayed; I much prefer this one that displays the voltage.

MY voltage in my OEM gauge has always read low, from day 1, by 0.25 volts when compared to a volt meter, at the battery. My USB switch with the voltage readout reads the same as my voltmeter, at the battery.

Link to USB switch with voltage display - Dual Ports USB Charger Carling ARB Car Marine Boat Rocker Switch Panel Voltmeter | eBay You can get them with different colored display.

·
Premium Member
879 Posts
Tonight I added my 7th LED Switch in the Dash. I replaced the Seat Belt/Helmet LED with an In/Out Blue LED Winch Rocker Switch, 7 pin, DPDT, momentary, instead of using the Handlebar Switch that comes with most winches. The In/Out LED Winch Switch can be bought from China for less than $5.

The diagram below, in the black box, is the wiring schematic I used where the top and bottom LEDs (In & Out) in the Switch would both be on when the key is on. I labeled the 7 pins in the switch schematic (below) so others would not have to spend time using an Ohm/Volt meter to determine which pins in the switch to use for which wires.
7 Pin Rocker Switch 12v Terminals with Winch Wiring.jpg

DSCN4330.JPG

1 - 20 of 23 Posts