21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,317 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Had it out a few weeks back and everything went perfectly, the only noise I ended up having was the mechanism on the jack and the foot plate rattles a bit. So I now have a rubber bungie keeping tension on the works to quiet it down I'll get to test that this weekend.

And yes a backup camera is on the list to add.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
That’s really cool! (y)(y)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Instead of weld on how about clamp on tie down points.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thats actually not a bad idea, I could print something up on the 3d printer as well.

·
Registered
2021 RMAX4 XT-R 1000
272 Posts
Just another example of someone coming up with something that I can't believe isn't being offered by someone out there. VERY nice and functional! If you were to start selling these bed extenders, I believe it would be hard to keep up with demand!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
a little update, I did end up stripping the paint off of the bed extender it was starting to rub through where my bungie cords hooked, I cut chain links in half and welded them on for some bungie tie down points, then had it powder coated for a tougher finish.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
49 Posts
That looks great. You mentioned rattles from the latch earlier. I've built several swing outs for Jeeps and used a version of this for the latch. AtoZ used to sell them, but you can make them pretty easy. Make a t-bolt, run it through a sleeve. Weld a nut to the backside of the roll bar.

Tool Gas Hand tool Metal Metalworking hand tool

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
That looks great. You mentioned rattles from the latch earlier. I've built several swing outs for Jeeps and used a version of this for the latch. AtoZ used to sell them, but you can make them pretty easy. Make a t-bolt, run it through a sleeve. Weld a nut to the backside of the roll bar.

View attachment 97622
That's good to know I'll keep that design hand for future projects.
I did correct my rattle I tracked it down to the hi-lift jack mechanism making the noise so it got a rubber Bungie spiral wrapped on the base to apply tension and stop the rattle.

Now I just need to configure a chainsaw mount...

21 - 33 of 33 Posts