Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has one done any sway bar disconnects vs just taking them off?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2020 Wolverine X4
121 Posts
Yes, running like that right now and just zip tied them up. I disconnected the bar right from the welded mounting brackets. 17mm socket, 14mm backup.

I like to think if I ever end up with a large elk or moose back there I’d reconnect it.
The reality is I won’t touch them again and will pull them out on some rainy day.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Sounds like you are asking about disconnects, in that you could connect them back - as in on the trail.

To my knowledge, no.

Most that disconnect never reconnect them. I can tell you that I never will. Plenty of info here on that, already posted. My summation> once you take them off you get used to the "new normal" body roll on initial turn in. The improvements in ride due to articulation are so desirable that we stop caring about that initial roll. We get used to it and it once that happens, we do not slow down.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Walker Evans makes some links (not sure if they will fit Yamaha as they were made for Polaris, ) that act link a mini shock absorber. Supposedly they offer the best of both worlds unless your in extreme off camber situations. In those cases, I think it would be best to disconnect them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts