Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2020WolverineX2Rspec,KolpinWindshield28”Sunf,Stereo,Heater,Plow,ManyLED’s,ThuleRacks,3500#winch
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It won’t flex like that stock!
It made my ride so much smoother on the bumpy stuff!
I’ve since hooked the front one back up the rear is unhooked.
I left the bar in just in case I wanna put the links back in can’t see why I would.

Attachments

·
Registered
2021 X4
219 Posts
What is the purpose of the sway bars? Any negatives for disconnecting?

·
Premium Member
2,184 Posts
Stability as it connects one a-arm to the other and its attached to the body.
Disconnecting allows for more independent travel of the wheels which provides a smoother ride in rougher conditions
Negative would be a lot more body roll especially at higher speeds
You can increase the KYB shocks slow speed compression to counter the body roll mostly.
That's the majors in a nutshell, but given certain situations, that list can be expanded.

Reactions: Paul65

·
Premium Member
1,324 Posts
The only time I've ever missed the sway bars was when trying to spin the machine around. Like a bootlegger turn or a "donut". Without the sway bars the body leans which reduces the force you need to get that outside wheel to break and start sliding. As far as general trail riding it's a much better ride without them. People say it compromises high speed turns, etc, none of which apply to me. I've driven it on the roads in West Virginia through sweeping turns at 30 mph and it doesn't bother me. The body leans over more, that becomes the new normal, and you don't give it a second thought. It's stable at speed through turns as long as you maintain a line.

Again, the only thing gone is the ability to do donuts at will. Now it has to be really greasy to get it to break free and slide. Not what these machines are for anyway.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts