Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am curious since the SuperATV relocates the coilover position to be more vertical, how much travel do you lose?
It would seem (geometrically) the more vertical the coilover, the less articulation you would have. Also, does it stiffen the ride?
I am close to ordering, but would like some feedback from real world users of this product.
I need a couple more inches as I bashed my skids pretty good this weekend.
It's this lift or the Gorilla...
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I installed a 2" lift on mine, the ride was stiffer and it did not handle as good as stock, took it off after one ride and sold it
I could tell a big difference on side hill trails with the lift it felt tippy

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I installed a 2" lift on mine, the ride was stiffer and it did not handle as good as stock, took it off after one ride and sold it
I could tell a big difference on side hill trails with the lift it felt tippy
Do you mind saying which lift?

·
Premium Member
433 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
image.jpg image.jpg I have right at 1000 miles on mine and running 30s with the gorilla and very little rubbing but mine has been at the dealer for almost a month now my piston and jug are shot

·
Registered
42 Posts
I did at like 50 miles it was shut off before it got in the water and drug straight from the pond to the house and everything drained and changed before it was cranked back up

·
Registered
42 Posts
They just finally got it apart Friday and just told me my ring was fried and the piston beat the hell out of the cylinder and yamaha wanted them to pull the bottom end apart to replace the crank bearings while it was apart

·
Registered
347 Posts
I'm going to be putting a Gorilla on in a week or so, I have it in just have to install it. I went with it because it mounts on the bottom of the shock, which from what I hear from Teryx/Ranger guys who have had both top mounts and bottom mounts, the bottom doesn't effect the ride, now I dont know that for sure but I'm going to give it a shot. I may not even like the lift but I wont know until I try.

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
flach24
have you tried the super lift? just curious. would like to know if there was an actual ride difference.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts