Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone installed the Super ATV high clearance a arms? If you have, did you install the steering stop bushings? Mine has them installed and I've seen school buses turn around in less space! lol I was told they are there to keep you from blowing out your axels at full lock in a tite spot. I'm going to pull them out and just be carefull. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
25 Posts
I had a set on my last RZR. No steering stops, and never had an issue. You are correct they are to help save the axle at full lock\drop and keep it from binding up. As long as you're mindful of that you should be fine.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
I'd pull them. We've took them out of a Teryx and 900 RZR on the first ride and never even put them in them Wolverine 708. I understand why they do it but as you said the loss in turning is absurd. It makes it worse then a Cam an 4 seater.

• Wow
Reactions: DirtRoadWarrior

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, those things are going to go. I'm used to the tite turning Gen 1 and the Rmax all ready gives up four feet more in the turning radius.

·
Registered
2021 Rmax4 LE
136 Posts
I just installed A Arms. Adjusted steering and camber. Installed 32" Tusk Megabite tires on Tusk beadlock 4x3 wheels. So far tires at 14psi measure 30.75" tall on utv. No rubbing. drives asphalt good. Havent tested anything yet but so far all is great. No steer stops. Radius seems fine. Looks amazing with this combo. Gained about 1.25" GC at bottom skids. Also of note, removal of sway bars in front is NOT good idea. Unless UTV never exceeds 30mph. It is a waterbed of danger at high speeds.

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
I just installed A Arms. Adjusted steering and camber. Installed 32" Tusk Megabite tires on Tusk beadlock 4x3 wheels. So far tires at 14psi measure 30.75" tall on utv. No rubbing. drives asphalt good. Havent tested anything yet but so far all is great. No steer stops. Radius seems fine. Looks amazing with this combo. Gained about 1.25" GC at bottom skids. Also of note, removal of sway bars in front is NOT good idea. Unless UTV never exceeds 30mph. It is a waterbed of danger at high speeds.
Try leaving the front on and disconnecting the rear. Especially if your not hauling passengers.
The 2 seat handles fine in corners with no rear sway bar and the rear disconnected gives more articulation through uneven terrain than disconnecting the front anyway.
If you find you like it, you can get those quick disconnects and just hook it back up if you have passengers or cargo.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts