Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Red-neck Edition RMAX2 XT-R
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive fuel system Auto part Automotive exterior

Automotive fuel system Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive exhaust Automotive design

A Wolverine RMAX Lift That Lets You Ride
When you go riding on your stock Yamaha Wolverine RMAX2, you’re rubbing your skid plate on every big bump and rock. We know—we were doing the same thing. That’s why we built our 3” Lift Kit. This lift measures true to size, so now you can hit the trail in confidence without dragging your belly.

Clear More—Ride More

A couple inches of extra ground clearance doesn’t just make the trails you ride easier—it opens up more options for more action and more fun. You can take the trail less traveled and clear those washouts and downed trees.

Built To Last

This lift is built with billet aluminum shock spacers to give you maximum durability. This lift is built to perform day in and day out. The simple yet precise design makes it easy to install and get back on the trail.

And it’s so tough, that we’ve given it a lifetime warranty. If you go too hard, we’ve got your back.

FITMENT
  • Yamaha Wolverine RMAX2 1000 : 2021+
FEATURES
  • 3" of lift
  • High-strength CNC milled 6061 aluminum alloy spacers
  • Maintains good steering radius and suspension travel
  • Bolt-on design makes for an easy installation
  • Backed by a lifetime warranty
  • Price:
    US $174.95

SuperATV 3'' Lift Kit for Yamaha Wolverine RMAX2 1000

Reactions: SuperATV

·
Registered
2021 RMAX2, 2018 Grizzly 700 SE, 2018 Arctic Cat Mud Pro 700
24 Posts
Interesting option, thanks for sharing. I'd like to lift it a bit, but don't want to change the a-arms out since I have tracks installed that rely on a-arm geometry to function; this may be an option. I do have concerns about the reduction of shock travel/adjustability and or bound/rebound but would be interested in your thoughts on that. I'm mostly going to be living on tracks now, so going fast or articulation are probably less important to me. Love the simple design.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tire Wheel Vehicle Plant Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle Car

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
3,148 Posts
Better than the bracket lift that changes shock geometry!

I predict a much stiffer ride, mainly due to steeper A arm angles. My Gorilla lift on my Gen 1 maintained OEM shock geometry and mounted to the A arm and bottom of the shock. It simply moved the A arm down without affecting the spring or shock at all. When I would install it the ride was stiffer. When I’d remove it, it was more plush. The steeper the A Arm angle is the less it wants to flex. This does not mean it’s a deal breaker for those who want the added clearance, but people should be realistic that it will be a compromise as usual, any time you change something, if you gain something you lose something. One member of the forum found that while a lift and aftermarket springs like I had on my old Gen 1 stiffened the ride, as a price for much added clearance, when he then added SATV high clearance Rear A arms the ride got considerably better. Somehow the different A arm geometry made it flex better. This may be a benefit to do in conjunction with the spacer lift for those that try it!

I also predict a lot of noise up front when articulating through rough terrain. These will have the shock mostly extended out, so when your flexing through rough terrain you really just lose the flex you once had. It’s like going back to the Gen1 or X model travel numbers. The shock can’t move out very far to keep all 4 on the ground. It probably won’t ever use all its compression or inward travel either. You will start floating a front tire much of the time and be on 3 wheels often. There will be many instances when a front tire reaches for the ground but can’t find it. When it does, you will hear a loud bang as the front shock hits full extension.
Another compromise!

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Better than the bracket lift that changes shock geometry!

I predict a much stiffer ride, mainly due to steeper A arm angles. My Gorilla lift on my Gen 1 maintained OEM shock geometry and mounted to the A arm and bottom of the shock. It simply moved the A arm down without affecting the spring or shock at all. When I would install it the ride was stiffer. When I’d remove it, it was more plush. The steeper the A Arm angle is the less it wants to flex. This does not mean it’s a deal breaker for those who want the added clearance, but people should be realistic that it will be a compromise as usual, any time you change something, if you gain something you lose something. One member of the forum found that while a lift and aftermarket springs like I had on my old Gen 1 stiffened the ride, as a price for much added clearance, when he then added SATV high clearance Rear A arms the ride got considerably better. Somehow the different A arm geometry made it flex better. This may be a benefit to do in conjunction with the spacer lift for those that try it!

I also predict a lot of noise up front when articulating through rough terrain. These will have the shock mostly extended out, so when your flexing through rough terrain you really just lose the flex you once had. It’s like going back to the Gen1 or X model travel numbers. The shock can’t move out very far to keep all 4 on the ground. It probably won’t ever use all its compression or inward travel either. You will start floating a front tire much of the time and be on 3 wheels often. There will be many instances when a front tire reaches for the ground but can’t find it. When it does, you will hear a loud bang as the front shock hits full extension.
Another compromise!
Hey at least "in your stock Yamaha Wolverine RMAX2, you" won't be "rubbing your skid plate on every big bump and rock."
I found this set up a deal breaker from the write-up. Falsehoods to sell a product is very disappointing for me. Like the SXS world, 90 percent is eye candy, aka Bling and there is a huge faction of those who buy because of that kind of salesmanship.
Count me out.

• Haha
Reactions: SuperATV and Budro2

·
Registered
3,148 Posts
I don’t find I need more clearance with my current set up but I’m not a mud person.
The flex factor is way more important for a rock crawler. With the short wheelbase I touch bottom less than my brothers KRX on 35s. I don’t find sliding on a UHMW skid to ever be a problem ;).

There will be plenty of people who find value in this lift for different needs. It will be a cheap remedy for the guy that needs to get through the bog without sitting on the skid with four wheels spinning. He usually doesn’t need things to flex much!

Another consideration will be CV life. We just don’t know yet. I ran my Gen 1 that came with golf cart ground clearance, all jacked up like that for thousands of miles with no CV issues.
The X model came along and can’t get away with much lift at all regarding the CV life.
Good thing is, that Rhino axles will be along soon so it will be one more thing to sell with the lift. Lol. Good for SATV, different strokes for different folks l(y)

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don’t find I need more clearance with my current set up but I’m not a mud person.
The flex factor is way more important for a rock crawler. With the short wheelbase I touch bottom less than my brothers KRX on 35s. I don’t find sliding on a UHMW skid to ever be a problem ;).

There will be plenty of people who find value in this lift for different needs. It will be a cheap remedy for the guy that needs to get through the bog without sitting on the skid with four wheels spinning. He usually doesn’t need things to flex much!

Another consideration will be CV life. We just don’t know yet. I ran my Gen 1 that came with golf cart ground clearance, all jacked up like that for thousands of miles with no CV issues.
The X model came along and can’t get away with much lift at all regarding the CV life.
Good thing is, that Rhino axles will be along soon so it will be one more thing to sell with the lift. Lol. Good for SATV, different strokes for different folks l(y)
Ha! Talking about different strokes...I'll be mounting OEM rockers here soon simply for the purpose of cutting a hole in the bottom of them to accommodate my Hi-Lift jack. Was gonna Rhino line them before install, but figured the Rhino lining would tend to hang up on rocks and such. Black spray paint will suffice!
Hoping Bandit will re-stock their Rmax2 tenders here soon...I'm ready!

Reactions: SuperATV and Budro2

·
Vendor
705 Posts
Hey at least "in your stock Yamaha Wolverine RMAX2, you" won't be "rubbing your skid plate on every big bump and rock."
I found this set up a deal breaker from the write-up. Falsehoods to sell a product is very disappointing for me. Like the SXS world, 90 percent is eye candy, aka Bling and there is a huge faction of those who buy because of that kind of salesmanship.
Count me out.
Don't hate on me! I didn't write it! Lol! :ROFLMAO: We probably just copied and pasted from all the other lifts we've built over the years...and just changed the machine in the copy.

BTW...I found a similar quote on a windshield recently. Apparently the windshield added ground clearance and room for bigger tires. 🤦‍♂️:ROFLMAO: Somebody hit the copy and paste button on the wrong page.... I think the website has a mind of its own some days.

·
Registered
3,148 Posts
Don't hate on me! I didn't write it! Lol! :ROFLMAO: We probably just copied and pasted from all the other lifts we've built over the years...and just changed the machine in the copy.

BTW...I found a similar quote on a windshield recently. Apparently the windshield added ground clearance and room for bigger tires. 🤦‍♂️:ROFLMAO: Somebody hit the copy and paste button on the wrong page.... I think the website has a mind of its own some days.
Priceless :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: SuperATV

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

HA! I use to do the same thing with my high school book reports. :ROFLMAO: We are lucky to have you here as a part of our Forum. No hate here. :love:
Now, can you help us consumers who "Need" to know what we are looking at potentially purchasing? Generic item descriptions fall short of great salesmanship.
Thanks for all you do!
-A potential future customer

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Remember? I'm still living in the past with Winky!
Photograph Vertebrate Organ Cat Jaw

;)

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
WINKY LIVES!

·
Vendor
705 Posts
HA! I use to do the same thing with my high school book reports. :ROFLMAO: We are lucky to have you here as a part of our Forum. No hate here. :love:
Now, can you help us consumers who "Need" to know what we are looking at potentially purchasing? Generic item descriptions fall short of great salesmanship.
Thanks for all you do!
-A potential future customer
For those of us that can remember everything in “JC Whitney” catalog everything increased gas mileage and horsepower too🥴
Everything on the SuperATV website give you at least 5 to 10 extra horse power. Even the stickers. :ROFLMAO:

Other than that, I'll be your huckleberry for any questions you may have on any of of our stuff. I'm pretty hands-on throughout the whole development process on a lot of this, so (for most stuff) I can tell you what you need to know. You won't get too much BS from me. Lol! There are plenty of things I'd do differently on some of our products and our website. BUT....its mostly subjective. Shoot your questions my way, and I promise...you'll get no copy and paste from me! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts