Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed my new windshield on my rspec over the weekend, and am very impressed with the quality of this product. Easy install and I am sure we will get a lot of enjoyment riding in the cold weather now.

Reactions: SuperATV

·
Registered
31 Posts
Just installed the Super ATV windshield on my 2019 X2 rspec. It's an easy install but I did have a problem getting enough clearance between the X2's OEM hard top and the folding windshield. I had to compress the lower windshield's seal as much as possible to adjust it far enough down so that the upper windshield didn't catch the roof top when folding. If your going to add accessories it's best to get them done before you install this windshield because the lower section will need to come off in order to remove the cowl for access to the wire harness behind the dash.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Just installed the Super ATV windshield on my 2019 X2 rspec. It's an easy install but I did have a problem getting enough clearance between the X2's OEM hard top and the folding windshield. I had to compress the lower windshield's seal as much as possible to adjust it far enough down so that the upper windshield didn't catch the roof top when folding. If your going to add accessories it's best to get them done before you install this windshield because the lower section will need to come off in order to remove the cowl for access to the wire harness behind the dash.
You're not the only one with this problem. A few of us received X2s where the dealer installed the roof incorrectly and it sags down in the middle. The line of the front edge of your roof should go straight across with now sags or dips. If it doesn't, you should adjust it some. Can you post a pic of it here and maybe we'll be able to give you suggestions as to which parts need to adjusted?

·
Registered
31 Posts
I made some adjustments to the roof and it no longer sags in the center. The corners are now closer to interfering but I was able to drop the windshield low enough to clear the top lip. The Super Atv windshield is a nice product and I think I made the right decision going with it. I don't know what they could have done differently to provide better clearance without increasing that gap. I'd rather have the gap as small as possible to keep water out. A little better support in the Yamaha rooftop would have bee nice.

Being that I've worked in diesel/automotive repairs and fabrication for 30+ years this wasn't a big deal but I could see it being frustrating for others with less experience.
IMG_6283.JPG

Reactions: Piston Yamaha

·
Registered
483 Posts
Yep, adjust it up straight, and a little pool noodle or pipe insulation slid onto the top if the window works great on mine for sealing out cold wind. On the og wolvy the roof actually curls down to make it even easier to seal it actually as the windshield tucks in behind the roof curl at the front.

Reactions: Piston Yamaha

·
Registered
675 Posts
Yep, that's what you needed to do. I saw a guy put some automotive weatherstripping on the roof, which seals out the elements and allows the windshield to fold up.

He used this, but I want something a little taller. This link should get you started though. Pipe insulation works too, but it keeps blowing off when I'm trailering it down the road. If I could remember to remove it, it would be a good solution.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/152745468395?ul_noapp=true

Reactions: grizztracks

·
Registered
213 Posts
Can you show more pics at different angles and afar to see the whole finished product. I’m looking for one too. Thanks Ken

·
Registered
137 Posts
I noticed their website or ad doesn’t state what type of material their windshield is made out of. It makes me wonder if it acrylic?
if it was ploycarb wouldn’t they state it in the description?

·
Super Moderator
3,796 Posts
I noticed their website or ad doesn’t state what type of material their windshield is made out of. It makes me wonder if it acrylic?
if it was ploycarb wouldn’t they state it in the description?
It's quality stuff, check out the 100's of users on here that love their Super ATV Windshields.

Reactions: Godti and SuperATV

·
Registered
804 Posts
I love my Super ATV windshield. I've wiped of some serious dust and it looks good as new.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I've been out a couple of times with this windshield installed and really like it so far. Haven't been in a hard rain yet to see how bad that top gap is but was out in a light rain and it wasn't bad at lower speeds. Here are some more pictures:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
how much of lower half of windshield would have to come off to get into the removable dash part to get to switched power plugs f adding stuff later?

·
Registered
31 Posts
The four bolts that hold the roll cage are used to mount the lower section of the windshield. To access the accessory prewired harness those bolts would need to come out to remove the lower windshield....... or you could remove several screws that hold the lower windshield to the mounting brackets.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I've been out a couple of times with this windshield installed and really like it so far. Haven't been in a hard rain yet to see how bad that top gap is but was out in a light rain and it wasn't bad at lower speeds. Here are some more pictures:
I’m surprised with the gap at the top.
My other concern is the hood. It looks like the lower windshield is preventing the hood from seating correctly?
With the gap at the top and tightness below can you raise the whole assembly slightly?
Thanks!

·
Registered
31 Posts
The lower seal contacts the cowl only and the windshield needs to be installed as low as possible so the upper folding section doesn't hit the roof when lifted. The gap between the windshield and roof needs to be at least 3/4" when closed so the two don't interfere when folded.

The windshield doesn't interfere with the hood at all. My hood never sat down quite right on the driver's side and I havn't taken the time yet to see if there's a way to correct it.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Does anyone have detailed pictures of a 2018 install? The pictures on superatv aren’t very good.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts