Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have purchased the flip up windshield for the RMAX4 and I’m in the middle of installing it. I’m having issues with reinstalling the roof mounts because of the seal pushing up on the roof and also where the windshield meets when closed I’m having a real hard time getting the half windshield down far enough so the top windshield meets the seal when closed. Currently when the windshield is closed there is a gap between the seal a the top windshield and catching on the bottom lip and scratches the two pieces of plastic. What advice can you give that may help with the installation? I thought about removing the seal on the bottom of the half windshield and replacing it with a slimmer seal. Is anyone else having issues with this?

·
Registered
2021 RMAX 4 XTR / SuperATV Flip Windshield / Nilight 22" LED Light Bar / Chupacabra Side Mirrors
81 Posts
I would double check the top section and how it fits around the roof molding. Are the cut out areas on the top section of the windshield large enough to fit around the area where the roof mounts to the roll cage? Some people are still experiencing issues with the SATV windshields for the RMAX4. Double check what you ordered and what they sent is the FWS-Y-RMAX4-70 part number listed on their website for the RMAX4 windshield.

Reactions: Jimbo

·
Registered
2021 X2 RSPEC 850
56 Posts
I just installed a SATV full poly windshield on an X2 and ran into a similar situation. The remedy was to loosen all the clamps attaching the windshield to the cage, re-seat the windshield in the upper and lower channels, reinstall the roof clamps (took a little down pressure to do this) and then clamp the windshield to the cage as the last step. I know this is an apples to oranges comparison with different windshields being installed on different machines, but it might help.

·
Registered
RMAX-4 LE
8 Posts
I installed the SuperATV flip up windscreen last weekend and had the same issues. I managed to secure the roof by using longer bolts in the center clamp since I didn't have someone to push it down from above. I considered removing it and trimming 1/4" off the bottom of the half screen. I pushed the gasket on as best I could (PITA), but it was still too tight a fit. Like carcajou said, leave everything loose and slowly tighten the bolts as you go. Having a second set of hands would help. I had to re-adjust the windscreen handles and clamps for easier locking/unlocking the flip up window. The only issue I now have is that the bottom screen is slightly bowed in the middle leaving a little gap between the upper and lower in the middle. This is my second SATV flip up and I love 'em.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I installed the SuperATV flip up windscreen last weekend and had the same issues. I managed to secure the roof by using longer bolts in the center clamp since I didn't have someone to push it down from above. I considered removing it and trimming 1/4" off the bottom of the half screen. I pushed the gasket on as best I could (PITA), but it was still too tight a fit. Like carcajou said, leave everything loose and slowly tighten the bolts as you go. Having a second set of hands would help. I had to re-adjust the windscreen handles and clamps for easier locking/unlocking the flip up window. The only issue I now have is that the bottom screen is slightly bowed in the middle leaving a little gap between the upper and lower in the middle. This is my second SATV flip up and I love 'em.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
After discussing this with Super ATV for over a month trying to find the perfect fit they informed me that the bow in the bottom windshield is normal for this application. I thought about trimming the bottom windshield myself or just removing the bubble seal from the middle part of the bottom windshield. I love the windshield I just wish the engineers would have spent more time trying to find the perfect fit for the RMAX4.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts